On the Beat - Episode 195 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 23rd, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 23rd-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

We are heading into crunch time for our International Guitar Camp, well at least the last 4 weeks,
and somehow that is making things even more scattered around here than usual. I can't imagine
where we will be in 2-3 weeks, remind me to take a vacation!

We of course had a nice set of new releases for our Target Program and I touched on those, before
going into some things that just jumped out at me this week. Most of the diversions were sparked by
items in the Forum so I brought up some valuable tools for all guitar students, along with mentioning
an uploaded video that everybody should take a look at.

The new releases were the last part of The Fool On The Hill Project, Hesitation Blues by Rev. Gary Davis,
David Crosby's The Lee Shore, Vanessa's lesson on Your Rocky Spine by Great Lake Swimmers, and the
conclusion of Lynn's latest Fly On The Wall lesson where we worked on Money's All Gone, before chatting
about a bunch of artists we really admired.

That was about it for the week...enjoy,

Neil

willem

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes Bart was good,,,he should go to that camp,,,such a nice voice too,, :( :( :) B)

Thanks again for this week

Willem

familyman4

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Hello Neil,

Another great week here at TG!

I was surpirsed to hear you comment on my video post on the forum but extremely happy that you enjoyed it! I am quite sure that when your two daughters make the decision to tie the knot, you will plan something very special for them as well :)

As for attending the camp this year: There is nothing that I would enjoy more! It is strictly a timing issue. Plans for a trip back to Illinois have been made before the camp dates were announced so I will just have to wait until next year. :( :( :( (Ya know, I just realized that I don't use the sad face very often on this site) Thanks for the personal invite tho...

Now that the wedding is behind us, I can get back to the site more often and stay on top of what is going on :) A lot happens around here in 2 weeks time....

Bart

sbutler

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 am

Well 5500 miles, and two weeks later, I've made it to Columbia Mo. Still don't have Internet and am watching the news from Starbucks. Anyway, I want to know what the name of the song is that you started off with Neil. I would love to start working on that one, (if I had my guitar).

Scott

familyman4

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello Scott, I am wishing you continued safe travels sir....

The song you asked about is the new lesson Neil posted last week by Rev Gary Davis. Hesitation Blues....

Hope this help you.

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic