On the Beat - Episode 196- Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 30th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 30th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Busy, busy, busy around here, should have made for short News but no success at that, like usual.
The prep for our International Guitar Camp is ramping up so I hope there are enough lessons to keep
everybody happy for a while. Just kidding!

In today's News I addressed a few things going on in the forum, string squeaks, song suggestions, old
friends taking a break, and cool documentary style videos that are worth watching.

I also want to make sure everybody who is signed up for the camp got an email from me with some logistics
and specifics. A bunch of folks were kind enough to respond and I share the same excitement I sense is
building. As mentioned a bit lately, we do now have an additional room we can put a few people in so it is not
too late to jump on the bandwagon.

I also went through the new releases and played a bunch of random bits, as usual again. Our new Target
releases included The Decemberists' Down By The Water (thanks Vanessa!), Al Stewart's Almost Lucy, Mother
Nature's Son
by The Beatles, and a Fly On The Wall lesson with Sandy starting to work on Bermuda Triangle Exit.

We also started a new project on John Fahey's arrangement of In Christ There Is No East Or West, or more accurately,
creating our own arrangement similar to what Fahey did. I am not sure when the next part of that will be put out but
get cracking!

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Neil

Nice into to the weekly news, shouldn't that be at the end?
Hopefully you get around to more Al Stewart songs, he's done so much.

The obscure song you played, would that be Fields of France ?

Thanks for the In Christ There Is No East Or West project hint !

I've enjoyed the news this week lots of amazing playing too.

Dermot

:)

Edit ....... Edit - 9-6-16 - Sorted Broken Link
I thought you might comment on the amazing Joni Mitchell Interview Pierre posted a link to.

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks.

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 pm

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic