On the Beat - Episode 198 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 13th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 13th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

A little practice, a little rambling, a quick Target report, and thoughts on Forum topics including breaking
bad habits and great albums front to back. There's the short story and I'm sticking to it in the interest of
getting stuff ready for next week, not just the IGC but I hope to still have some new lessons.
No promises just yet on that.

The Target releases included more from The Decemberists as Vanessa keeps cranking out cool lessons.
This week it was June Hymn. I reached back to old faithful, Neil Young with a look at Cortez The Killer, along
with the more recent (last 20 years in my book) Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground. Then we had a Fly On
The Wall lesson with Kevin working on important techniques in Stairway To Heaven.

Maybe an update from camp next week but until the next time...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

PS. I'm sure some old timers can identify the tunes I played.

suziko

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Neil, it was so fun to hear what your favorite "top to bottom best albums" were! Thanks for contributing.

You mentioned that the tab to More than a Feeling might not be right. Can you explain that a bit more? I've been working on it this past week and I'm wondering if I need to change anything or if I can just keep playing it according to the tab on the lesson.

Thanks!

Suzi

sbutler

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Well I just imagine that everyone who's not at the camp, is going to really want to know whats going on. Surely we can let you go for 14 minutes. Heck we can watch and get a bonus concert from you. :)

See ya next week man!

SCott

willem

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm

I could hear some emotion in your voice when calling out those albums,,,I think I gonna buy ''year of the cat'',never at that..

Wish you a very nice weekend and most of all a very fun,fun,fun and inspiring IGC days..

cheers

Willem

TGNeil

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:48 pm

suziko wrote:
Neil, it was so fun to hear what your favorite "top to bottom best albums" were! Thanks for contributing.

You mentioned that the tab to More than a Feeling might not be right. Can you explain that a bit more? I've been working on it this past week and I'm wondering if I need to change anything or if I can just keep playing it according to the tab on the lesson.

Thanks!

Suzi
Hi Suzi,

The tab may show the 2nd and 3rd string filler notes following the C and B bass notes in the 2nd measure in the wrong order. Listen carefully and let me know what you think.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Neil

What a great week.
More Neil Young thanks thanks thanks.

Brilliant FOTW with Kevin too.
I love the FOTW's to watch when learning songs with lessons, it's a bonus.

Thanks for sharing your favorite album choices top to bottom.
The album cover on Year of The Cat amazing too.
I never dreamed I'd have access to amazing lessons of his songs ever, when I listened to Al Stewart back then.

Vanessa's Decemberists lessons are just brilliant, she's a gift in front of a camera.
I think she loves to hate me but hey, any kinda love :dry: is cool !!
:laugh: :laugh:

As for the IGC, you'll be so busy, well there's plenty on the site to keep me personally busy forever.
That said if after the event you can upload and share some of the occasion, that would be a bonus and
very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dermot

TGNesh

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:17 pm

:kiss: And a hug on top of that!! :) :) :laugh:

thereshopeyet wrote:

Vanessa's Decemberists lessons are just brilliant, she's a gift in front of a camera.
I think she loves to hate me but hey, any kinda love :dry: is cool !!
:laugh: :laugh:

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
And a hug on top of that!!

Edit Image

suziko

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Ok, I've listened to it several times (on headphones!) and it is so hard to say! I do think it sounds like the two notes after the C are descending (i.e. D to A instead of A to D as it shows in the tab) but after the B it almost sounds like they're ascending, like in the tab. But, ultimately, I'm really not sure it matters. Like you said, they're just filler notes!!

Thanks for the explanation!

Suzi

TGNeil wrote:
suziko wrote:

Thanks!

Suzi
Hi Suzi,

The tab may show the 2nd and 3rd string filler notes following the C and B bass notes in the 2nd measure in the wrong order. Listen carefully and let me know what you think.

Neil

TGNesh

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:45 am

I got curious, so listened as well. I think the order of the filler notes is right, first open G, then D, but in one spot (after the bassplayer comes in) i hear after the B-bassnote the high G and then D. Could that be possible or are my ears playing with me? :S :)

TGNeil wrote:
suziko wrote:

Thanks!

Suzi
Hi Suzi,

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic