On the Beat - Episode 198 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 13th, 2013

suziko

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 am

Oops, I should have said G, not A. That's what happens when I post things at night!

tgvanessa wrote:
I got curious, so listened as well. I think the order of the filler notes is right, first open G, then D, but in one spot (after the bassplayer comes in) i hear after the B-bassnote the high G and then D. Could that be possible or are my ears playing with me? :S :)

TGNeil wrote:
suziko wrote:
Neil, it was so fun to hear what your favorite "top to bottom best albums" were! Thanks for contributing.

You mentioned that the tab to More than a Feeling might not be right. Can you explain that a bit more? I've been working on it this past week and I'm wondering if I need to change anything or if I can just keep playing it according to the tab on the lesson.

Thanks!

Suzi
Hi Suzi,

The tab may show the 2nd and 3rd string filler notes following the C and B bass notes in the 2nd measure in the wrong order. Listen carefully and let me know what you think.

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:23 am

I've always wondered about the order of those fill notes. I have a history of mixing them up on other songs as well as More than a Feeling (Kathy's Song for example). Suzie, we can confer on that as More Than A Feeling is on the work-bench with me at the mo too.

As for the Best album front to back, you nailed it Neil, those 5 albums by the Moody Blues are unbeatable. This is still the way I listen to them, I play the album through as the songs run into each other so beautifully. Today's chopped up way of listening to songs on a play list is definitely a step backwards in the order of things, less enjoyment, less depth of spirit.

As for camp. Man, if I didn't have my hands full with more serious things I'd be grieving the lost chance to meet so many TG friends and Neil and... Al Stewart! A chance of a life time goes begging, for sure! The Year of The Cat and Baker Street are the album and songs of the mid 70's for me (right as the Moodies were taking a break). So I will be watching events at camp with a tear in my eye and a huge smile on my face! You guys have a blast!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic