On the Beat - Episode 201 - Introducing Doug Young - Part 1 - Ed Claxton

tgjameela

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new series of video interviews featuring Doug Young.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/inte ... d-claxton/

Doug Young is a very talented guitarist and teacher who I have known for about 10 years.
He got on board here at TotallyGuitars as we were planning our first International Guitar Camp
and agreed to present a workshop on DADGAD Tuning. A few weeks before the camp he and I
sat down and talked about various things that or Community might find interesting.

Part 1 started off with us talking about guitar builders, particularly Ed Claxton.

TGNesh

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Aaah that was great to watch!! :cheer: Loved the two camera-angles too, would that be possible for a FTOW-video as well? Or too much work? Can imagine the latter of course.

Doug Young, I thought he was such a kind man, really accessible. Very cool to have a DADGAD workshop by him here at TG, looking forward to what's coming next!

Thanks! :)

BigBear

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Fantastic! Doug was my "find" of the entire IGC. I knew who Muriel and Alex were, and obviously Al but Doug has been a wonderful surprise. I've corresponded with him a little and he is just a terrific guy. Just as warm and friendly as you see in the video. I am thoroughly enjoying his music.

Apparently, Doug has an incredible guitar collection so pulling out an Ed Claxton is no big deal for him. Contrast that with Al Stewart, who has one guitar, with a cracked and repaired soundboard. Both get it done beautifully. :cheer:

willem

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 pm

BigBear wrote:
Fantastic! Doug was my "find" of the entire IGC. I knew who Muriel and Alex were, and obviously Al but Doug has been a wonderful surprise. I've corresponded with him a little and he is just a terrific guy. Just as warm and friendly as you see in the video. I am thoroughly enjoying his music.

Apparently, Doug has an incredible guitar collection so pulling out an Ed Claxton is no big deal for him. Contrast that with Al Stewart, who has one guitar, with a cracked and repaired soundboard. Both get it done beautifully. :cheer:

Bear that sounds promising.

W.

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Nice video! I was another who really enjoyed Doug's workshop, as well as chatting with him at lunch... :)

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Neil and Doug

Great to hear the chat.

Gosh, all these really nice guitars you ICG's have and have seen.
Maybe one day ! :S

Those bridge pins and saddle look amazing.

Cheers

Dermot

:laugh:

tombo1230

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I concur with Rick and Jason, a thoroughly nice guy who took the time to chat to everyone and a fantastic lesson at the IGC, which has opened up the world of DADGAD to me.
I bought some of his music cd's and a couple of books. Like the others I hadn't expected much, as I didn't know him or reaize what a talent he is. I was pleasantly suprised.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic