On the Beat - Episode 204 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 11th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 11th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today’s News started with a little John Fahey, and included bits and pieces of Renaissance tunes from a book
that was very influential and inspiring to me, The Renaissance Guitar by Frederick Noad. There was also an old,
obscure piece of mine at the end, as well some musical ramblings that may be partially recognizable. I also spent
time talking about Camp Reports and some threads floating through the Forum.

The new content this week included Jason Mraz, If It Kills Me, Part 6 of In Christ There Is No East Or West, a classical
instrumental, Spagnoletta, and a follow-up lesson with Sandy working on John Denver’s Poems, Prayers And Promises.
That lesson really focused on ear training but most of the song has been pretty much revealed I think.

We started a series of clips with Doug Young, who dropped by a week or so before the IGC and we talked about various
things. This week we put out 3 parts covering his Ed Claxton guitar, thoughts on nails, and a performance of his song,
The Seagull.

We also had Steve Rose get back on board with a Listening Post look at Neil Young’s latest album Psychedelic Pill. When
I heard his review I had to pick up the album. There are some pretty cool songs on it, maybe even a lesson or two in the future.

That was most of the week, except I remember talking a little about my ‘Flamenco’ gig as well.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming next week, I hope!

willem

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks,,I find this back with the TG's everything finder..

Women are the best in keeping suprises,,looking forward to Nessies suprise..

W..

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Neil

Cool guitar playing on the news this week.

Have great weekend .

Dermot

:)

sbutler

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Well now, weren't you feeling good today? Glad to see ya havin so much fun playing, and doing all the other stuff you do.

Thanks for the news, and when will we see video of the Monday night gig?

Have a great weekend Neil.
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic