Advice on selling guitars

benfield113

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:59 am

Hi Lynne,

How much d'you want for the Strat? I could be interested. Maybe you could PM/email me a photo.

Cheers

Andy

Rbinding

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I didn't think you were supposed to sell guitars. I was just going to leave a note for my wife telling her where to take them and how much to expect to sell them for after I die.... ;)

Ron

kanefsky

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:39 pm

That's a common misconception. Actually it's fine to sell guitars as long as you use the resulting money to buy other guitars :)

--
Steve

MarkM

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am

Lynne,

I agree with the suggestion of putting them up here at TG first. I was fortunate to sell a custom guitar to one of the members here and it was a pleasure. What better audience than a bunch of guitar lovers. I just took a bunch of pictures and posted them to Photobucket. If someone wanted to look at them then I would just PM them the URL. If you post the description of the guitars, Model, age, wood type, etc it may help.

Good luck.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 pm

wiley wrote:
Honestly, I wholeheartedly agree with Dennis - public places during 'normal' operating hours with a partner.
Yep, the things I have sold on Craig's List have all been sold in the parking lot of Barnes and Noble.... :P No sense in inviting headaches!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic