On the Beat - Episode 213 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 8th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -8th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today the list was long, and the distractions and diversions numerous. I think I got through most of the new
Target releases somewhere along the line but I mostly remember playing many bits and pieces of a lot of songs.
As a matter of fact, if anybody wants to count them we might have a new record, as well as a new competitive
game that could become part of the Weekly Update.

The main new stuff consisted of some lesson songs, a geometrical look at the fretboard from Doug Young, a
Fly On The Wall with transposing hints and techniques (which included a bit of geometry as well), and a batch of new
Acoustic Snapshots. The songs included Edge Of A Dream by Sarah Jarosz, a different look at Have You Ever Seen The Rain
by CCR, an easy Renaissance piece called Wilson’s Wilde, and, from the ranks of obscurity, Alone Again Or by the relatively
unknown but very influential band Love. Steve Rose gave us a little background on their album Forever Changes over at
The Listening Post too.

In the Snapshot department we had individual songs by Doug Young, Dave Siegler, and Victor Tsaran again, along with a
couple early takes of mine on the Pat Metheny tunes James and Last Train Home. I spent a little time expanding on what else
I need to do to get these concert ready.

I’m sure there were some other threads but you’ll have to watch when you can. And, keep those tally sheets handy for
the song count.

Back next week,

Neil

PS. Don’t forget about a TG Gift Card for a friend as we head into the Holiday Season!

willem

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Nani have a nice weekend...lol,,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic