On the Beat - Episode 214 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 15th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 15th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

It was a beautiful morning here in Northern California, which made me stay outside for the News.
It also gave me a good excuse to unwrap the TG Banner and use it as a backdrop. I will follow up
with a short Banner video/photo montage soon. As much as I try to shorten these things, the
longer they seem to get.

Today I wanted to offer some original song suggestions that some of you might be interested in
learning, and as such, I stumbled through a myriad of bits and pieces. Most of which would have
certainly benefited from a little practice, or even a little forethought. By the end I talked a little
about Rosa May and metronomes, but not before going through the new Target releases and a
story about the Al Stewart concert tied in with the IGC.

The new stuff: Acoustic Snapshots from Victor Tsaran, Dave Siegler, Doug Young (playing I Will by
The Beatles), and me (Classical Gas from the concert); Luthier’s Corner addition from Keith Holland
on Custom Electric Guitars; Doug Young’s lesson on Tone For Fingerstyle Players; and a really fun
Fly On The Wall video featuring MattF trying to figure out Nirvana’s Lake Of Fire. We also added
some great songs to the lesson library: Little Song by Sarah Jarosz; Harry Nilsson’s version of
Everybody’s Talkin’; and Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen. It’s always fun to come up with
one that I’m pretty sure nobody expected.

Next week… 10 minutes or less… I promise… I think… maybe…

sbutler

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Yep, we need more lessons on your stuff.
I had every intention of sending in a video of me working on Rosa May, but I found out that its not as easy for me as it may be for others. That dastardly ring finger on my left hand doesn't pay much attention to me, no matter what I say, and without it, Rosa May (and many others) don't sound as good as I want.
But I ain't a quitter and I will endeavor to persevere.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Neil

Sweet Child is on Yesterdays news ...... it's an album I didn't have so purchased it tonight.
This would make a brilliant lesson as would your other songs songs.
The ragtime songs, that would be interesting. :ohmy:
I'm dreaming, :blush:

So is Rosa May lesson On It's Way? :dry:
I'm at a loss to find it, that is the November Easter Egg mentioned on last weeks news !
:ohmy:

I got a good surprise too...... I'd forgotten purchasing the Christmas Songs a couple of years ago.
Although the download issue I had was resolved I then forgot to download it :blush: :S
I have it now

:cheer:

Lavallee

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you very much Neil for considering doing a lesson on rhythm and metronome. Looking forward to see lessons on your songs as well.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic