>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 96 - Neil at Don Quixote’s – When I’m 64/I’m Looking Through You

tgjameela

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have another episode of Acoustic Snap Shots featuring Neil playing at Don Quixote’s.

Following the opening tune, Classical Gas, I talked a little about one of the reasons I got interested in instrumental guitar playing. I spontaneously mentioned When I’m 64 and strummed a few measures to show how generic a song can sound without the melody.

I then played a medley combining it with I’m Looking Through You, much like it appeared on my album A Beatles Collection.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... rough-you/

willem

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Hope you teach us this one day,,I do have the tab but!!!!

W.

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Your playing is phenomenal in that video.

Willem's had the right idea all along..... lesson, lesson, lesson !!

Never Ever Rust Neil !

Dermot

:)

Lavallee

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:15 am

Hi Neil, it is difficult not give superlative about your playing. One thing that amazed me, is that at the speed you are playing your left hand, there is never a thud note. I know you are (or at least you were when we met) using medium size strings and it takes serious clamping power to ring the string as clear as you do especially in the first or second fret area. Still it seems that you are playing on ultra light (with the sound of medium of course :) )

Fabulous entertainment

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Looks like Neil's getting to 64... forgot what he was playing half way through :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic