On the Beat - Episode 215 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 22nd, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 22nd-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today’s plan of clocking in at 10 minutes or less started off well but, not unlike the Don Quixote concert during
the IGC, some music interrupted the train of thought. Somewhere in the middle I started into a piece of mine
called One Step Beyond, planning to just play a bit as an example of whatever I was talking about at the time
(titles for instrumentals I think). The rest of the piece followed, kind of on its own. Oh well, I hope you enjoy it.
I also planned to talk a little more about the ‘A’ shape for barre chords, and finally got to it by the end.

In between the rambles there was the usual rundown of new material. We had tunes from Neil Diamond, Graham
Nash
, The Classic IV, a Fly video with Kurt fine tuning the opening to Heart Of Gold, more Acoustic Snapshots from
Doug Young, Dave Siegler and Victor Tsaran, a couple of my songs from the Don Quixote’s concert, and a new Student
Review on Little Martha
. I think I mentioned how much fun I had working on lessons for the new songs this week,
Spooky, I’m A Believer and Sweet Caroline, as well as listening to a little of Howard Stern’s interview with Graham Nash,
something really worth checking out if you’re interested.

Not too sure what the TG plan will be for next week but I hope everybody in the US has a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:09 pm

All news is good news at TG !!

One Step Beyond.........
As MattF (I'm a fan) :ohmy: ..... would say.....

"Go fly Neil, go fly"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sbutler

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Never too long man. Its always great to see ya. I for one don't mind a little over run listening to you play a song that you've not played for us before.

Happy T day Neil and family.

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:00 am

Very nicely done, Neil. Enjoyed that a lot ... but something's been bugging me.

Seems to me that's an empty key holder hanging on the wall next to the TG logo.
Is that a symbol of always searching for the right "KEY" ? :side:

Otherwise ... hmmm ...

Come to think of it ... hmmmm, anyway !

Pierre

willem

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:45 am

thx,,I keep it short,,, :laugh: :cheer: B)

W.

familyman4

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:14 pm

I let my wife watch the update. Drove her absolutely bonkers :)

I told her that she would need to be a guitar player to truly appreciate Neil's rambling. We love you Neil and I for one am always intrigued by what might pop out of your head and hands every week...

Have a fantastic thanksgiving !!!

B)
Bart

TGNeil

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think. I just read your post to my wife. She laughed and suggested I need a bell or buzzer or something that could go off as a 'Tangent Alert.' I'll have to look into that but I'm not sure what could trigger it. It would always be too late!

Neil

unclewalt

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Hey, if people are watching, I see no reason to worry too much about time. I think we like to see what you're working on, etc. - sort of a glimpse into what the playing life is like for someone who gets to do it for a living.

One note on lessons: in some of them, depending on how you're positioned, the logo interferes a bit with your left hand. I might be the only one for whom this is distracting, and it doesn't wreck the experience or anything, but just thought I'd mention it. If it were just slightly smaller I think it would work fine.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Neil, thanks for mentioning the Graham Nash interview.

Until today, I haven't had much regard for Howard Stern ... and he earned that.

So now, I'm quite surprised to find that this guy can do a decent, even good job, interviewing a legend.
There is hope for Howard. Let's all hug !

Here's the link

sbutler

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 am

TGNeil wrote:
Hi Bart,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think. I just read your post to my wife. She laughed and suggested I need a bell or buzzer or something that could go off as a 'Tangent Alert.' I'll have to look into that but I'm not sure what could trigger it. It would always be too late!

Neil
Forget about the tangent alert. When you expand on a thought, its as if your actually in a room talking with us. We see you everyday in the lessons, and you don't stray too much in them. The Weekly Wrap up lets us get a glimps of the relaxed Neil. So don't worry about over runs. Just buy a longer lasting battery for that video camera.
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic