On the Beat - Episode 220 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 10th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 10th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Welcome back to the New Year! Today’s News started with a little improvising in Am, maybe a nod to our
classical piece of the week, and to another thread that popped up later. I think there were a lot of obscure
clues and references to songs and artists as I shot this very early on a cold Friday morning here in Northern
California. Nothing like what is going on in the rest of the US but I almost had to close the door today!

There were some “Name That Tune” type challenges, and even a “Name Those Artists” as I recall. The new
Target releases included more from The Monkees with Last Train To Clarksville, Expresso Love by Dire Straits,
Jake Bugg’s Simple As This, and our classical contribution Minuet In A Minor by English composer Henry Purcell.
There was also a really fun Fly On The Wall lesson with MattF learning Outside by Staind. Although with his
lessons I really don’t need to point out “fun.”

I also talked about Student Reviews, promising to get to some soon as there are some great ones that have
come up recently. There were a few hints about this year’s IGC as well, hopefully some solid details soon.

Till next week, stay tuned & in touch,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Neil, I don't have a clue in the "name the song game" but I do hope you had a wonderful time with all of your kids making noise in your house again over the Holiday's. Thats the good stuff. Have a great weekend.

Scott

Lavallee

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi Neil, I would love to have a lesson on Black Orpheus. . Since I heard you play that song (in the medley from Yesterdays, news), I have been haunted by it. I have a tab, but the notes I see are too wild. I need your teaching for the left hand on chords. Otherwise, good to hear from you.

We need more (some ) Bossanova.
Marc

daryl

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 am

Jimmy Page January 9th, 1944. Don't know who the other person is who shares the same birth date but is 3 years apart.

kelemenj

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:19 am

daryl wrote:
Jimmy Page January 9th, 1944. Don't know who the other person is who shares the same birth date but is 3 years apart.
I would say Joan Baez. January 9th 1941. She recorded it in the early 60's. It was written by Anne Bredon in the 50's.

John

TGNeil

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Good work guys!

Neil

philandtheblanks

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Neil,

Happy New Year - I really enjoy your weekly updates... that is I really notice when there isn't one :)

My guess for one of the mystery songs is Father and Son by Cat Stevens - at least it sounded like Cat Stevens to me.

Thanks for your lessons and inspiration. I've learned a lot since joining TG and my guitar "playing" is getting better too (if I could find more time to practice that is)

Phil

willem

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:57 pm

philandtheblanks wrote:
Hi Neil,

Happy New Year - I really enjoy your weekly updates... that is I really notice when there isn't one :)

My guess for one of the mystery songs is Father and Son by Cat Stevens - at least it sounded like Cat Stevens to me.

Thanks for your lessons and inspiration. I've learned a lot since joining TG and my guitar "playing" is getting better too (if I could find more time to practice that is)

Phil

You should'nt find time for practicing,,you must make it.......................................joke!!!!!

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks for the weekly news.

I can't say Thanks enough !

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic