British Blues: Essential Listening

TGNeil

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Gang,

I wanted to take a minute to share some other bands that have gotten into heavy rotation around TG Central lately. I remember being knockout as a teenager at a local show featuring Savoy Brown, around their Street Corner Talking album. Recently one of my favorite playlists has been shuffling a couple of those early albums along with Ten Years After and Rory Gallagher. Here are some particular favorites.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Neil

Great songs.

I've heard them before but wouldn't have known the artists.

Dermot

:)

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:15 am

Three very cool songs, particularly liked Savoy Brown. A point though Rory Gallagher is not British he's Irish from Ballyshannon, County Donegal

jayswett

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:18 am

That Rory Gallagher song was particularly good. Never heard of him. Good stuff.

TGNeil

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:11 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Three very cool songs, particularly liked Savoy Brown. A point though Rory Gallagher is not British he's Irish from Ballyshannon, County Donegal
Hi Chas,

Being Irish myself, I was totally aware of that and thought about titling the thread "Blues From The U.K.", which besides being unwieldy, didn't accurately proclaim the styles either. "Blues" encompasses a lot, and as I considered going with "Progressive and Extended Hybrid Evolutions Of A Style That May Be Traced To Robert Johnson, And Many Earlier Influences, From Not America, That Are Worth Checking Out", I kept losing YouTube links. They were apparently getting impatient on my clipboard.

Good to hear from you!

Neil

dtaylor

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 am

They're all from the British Isles so it's fair to call them British Blues. I'm half-Irish so I do understand the sensitivities.

Max

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Neil, here's another blast from the past. "SUPER SESSION", these guys I think are all Americans
I listened to this "album" so often I wore it out. Mike Bloomfield was a great blues guitar player, he died way to early.
Season of the Witch - Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, Steve Stills

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:03 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Hi Chas,

"Progressive and Extended Hybrid Evolutions Of A Style That May Be Traced To Robert Johnson, And Many Earlier Influences, From Not America, That Are Worth Checking Out",
Good to hear from you!

Neil
What a great title for a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers.

Chas

andrewrodgers

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 am

Thanks for the nice topic!
I love blues and the British wave is interesting to hear!
Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher were great guitarists! But they both were Irish, that's right!
They inspired me to leave my office job and to try my best with the guitar.
Now I work as a freelance writer and have enough of free time to give guitar lessons for aspiring children and adults. Follow your dreams, mates!
Everything is possible!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://typemyessay.blogspot.com/2018/0 ... views.html

spinland

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 am

:(

ON EDIT: :side:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic