>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 114 - John Renbourn at The Los Gatos Guitar Gallery

tgjameela

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently stumbled onto some cool videos from the archives and today seemed like a good day to do something different, and share a personal musical highlight. The long story is over on the Acoustic Snapshot page but in a nutshell...

In September 1998 John Renbourn made a visit to Los Gatos and did a couple workshops for my students. The second night we played some duets for them and here is Snap A Little Owl from that evening.

Neil

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... r-gallery/

sbutler

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh man, thats really good stuff.
When you posted the "Bermuda Triangle Exit" lesson, however long ago that was, I just saved it to my favorites and let it sit on the shelf. I had too many other "irons in the fire". But, two weeks ago I pulled it down, dusted it off and started working on it. Maybe waiting was the right thing for me to do because I remember thinking it was a little too much for me to tackle, but now I'm working right thru it, and really having a good time. I bring this up because, several times through out the lesson, you tease about "Snap a little Owl". I don't know if I can handle it yet, but I when you do finally make a lesson on it, I'm for sure going to give it a go.

I know from many of your comments, That John has really been an inspiration for you, and it was really fun, watching you have so much fun playing with him. I'm so glad you have that memory.

Thanks for sharing Neil, and oh yeah, Happy Birthday again from Sharon and I.

Scott

TGNesh

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:05 am

That was of course very very cool to see!!

Somehow it kinda reminds me of me meeting you, not entirely, I of course already knew what a great guy you are, but the 'feeling excited/nervous' is a bit similar! :P Except, you pulled off playing with him as great as always, I on the other hand fell apart (Dance With Me), haha! :laugh: Only that first time though which is actually caught on video! :S :laugh: Thankfully, the other occasion was quite alright, 'Lee Shore', phew!! :cheer:

Thanks for sharing you musical highlight!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic