On the Beat - Episode 222 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 24th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 24th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today's News started with an old John Renbourn piece and ended with a random improv that included
Neil Young, I think. It's already a little blurry as I had about 50 things on my alleged mind as I tried to
recap the week. There was a little trauma replacing last year's barber abandonment, a short birthday
report and thanks top all the TG well-wishers, a rundown of new material, an updated magazine report,
a bit on the IGC, an introduction to another favorite member of my family (or at least a mention of my niece
who may appear in a FOTW soon), tennis from Down Under, new Acoustic Snapshots, additions to the wardrobe...

The new stuff this week included long-time request Your Mama Don't Dance by Loggins & Messina (thanks Willem!),
Joni Mitchell's Free Man In Paris, Calamity Song by The Decemberists, and the conclusion of Wiley's FOTW lesson where
we looked at It Don't Matter To The Sun by Garth Brooks.

The more I try to remember what just happened the more I think you'll just have to check it out yourself when you can
spare 20 minutes.

Till next week,

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Neil,,what should i say..it surely was a big suprise you put that song up and in what way,,super,,I was very impressed with the video with your son then!

I have to choose songs for practicing that pleased my friends over here and have fun with them or show off ..lol :laugh: and takes a lot of time(I don't have)

We see in futher how far it have brought me,,its that damn thing playing it in time!! and singin.. sometimes you like a song so much and there is no way to sing it..

(many Neil Young songs).. I would love you broke down ''sail away'' (NY) 'cos I hear on that cd some weird things,,(tuning?)

Don't worry a bout your bad hair days,, :laugh: B) :ohmy: its more a pity it was (is) a bass player,,

Oh,there is a way you can meet JR again..its a travel reverse thing!!! :laugh: :laugh:

looking forward to next week and see what the lessons could bring me,

Have a great weekend..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Neil

Another brilliant week.
I didn't think you were going to turn up for the news after singing.... Free Man In Paris.....
Thought you were just going to walk through those doors and never return ! :S :ohmy:

What a cool end to the news...... a bit short for a hint though !
Awesome ! :)
:ohmy:

Happy Birthday

Dermot

auntlynnie

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 am

Neil,
I loved the Neil Young songs you threw in today!!!
Thanks,
Lynn

jayswett

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

I agree completely with the flip phone/iphone comments. Just too big, and computers are everywhere. Just don't need a smarphone. Sadly, the flip phones are becoming extinct, and at some point will be impossible to get.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic