On the Beat - Episode 223 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 31st, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 31st-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today it was either do the News in a battle zone or wait until tomorrow. Not sure I made the right choice but hopefully
you will get the bullet points between the commotion points. As we head into February, I realized I might have to reach
back into the Beatles' songbook soon so this might be a good time for off-the wall requests, even though we have a ton
of lessons by the Fab Four currently. There was a little IGC info as we are just about set up to start registration, as the
details unfurl, hopefully next week.

I think I touched on the new Target releases, which included some pretty new stuff, some pretty old stuff, and some new,
old stuff thanks to a recent movie. We had Ed Sheeran's I See Fire, Steve Miller's The Joker, JJ Cale's Crazy Mama, and
Fare Thee Well (aka Dink's Song) as done by Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac in the Coen brothers movie Inside Llewyn Davis.
There was a theory Fly On The Wall lesson with Lynn going over ideas on two-part harmony and how to find combinations on the
guitar, along with a few more Acoustic Snapshots from Doug Young and his buddies, Stu Frazier and Roger Mozier.

Hopefully the neighborhood will be back to its sleepy self soon and I hope everybody is warm and comfy as we head into February.

dtaylor

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Here, There and Everywhere sounds awesome, I love that style of chord/melody you do with a pick. Gets my vote.

willem

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:24 pm

When I'm 64,, ;) :cheer: B)

Man what a noisy nabers,,well if they would play the guitar its not so noisy ;) B)

W.

familyman4

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Under 20 minutes this week, It's a record :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another great week in TG land...

sbutler

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:16 pm

I went to the "Recommend a Lesson" list, and checked for "If I fell" ,,,,, Its in there. But I would really love to see a lesson on doing a chord solo much like Stu Fraziers Acoustic Snap shot version.

So, its in there. yehaw.

Otherwise, go somewhere quiet and have some fun.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:28 am

Great News Neil

Beatles instrumentals sounds good.

Will we get more JJ Cale ?

What a great FOTW with Lynn too .....
Thanks to both of you for sharing.

Dermot

:)

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:52 am