On the Beat - Episode 225 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 14th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 14th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Valentine's Day started with a little John Renbourn piece, and a promise to keep it short so I
could run out and get a card, or a car, or some flowers, or something! After a rundown of the
new Target lessons this week, I talked about some of the cool things I noticed on the Forum, and
gave a little IGC info (mostly that we have updated the video there to have info for 2014).

The Forum comments included a spectacular collaboration video, what to do after mastering the AGS,
and some thoughts and examples of my version of the claw hammer technique.

As far as new lessons this week, we went way back to the early influences with Bye Bye Love by The
Everly Brothers, early Beatles with From Me To You and Thank You Girl, J.J. Cale's Call Me The Breeze,
and Wrong Direction by Passenger. I really appreciate Vanessa trying to keep us in the present.

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago I had begrudgingly joined the smart phone generation and the first
text I got was from my son saying, Welcome to the present, dad."

In any case, next week, Back To The Future, or at least 1958!

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

thx Neil for going into the clawhammer,,I know it is'nt fingerpickin,,what I found is,,the use of your index or middle finger on the beats and the thumb is more off the beats,,its interesting stuff,,I bought me an baritone ukelele so I am searching ideas for playing it..

Hope you found your card!!! B)

Willem

beaker

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks for the news Neil. Another great inspiring episode.
Beaker.

michelew

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 am

Neil - thanks SO much for your enthusiastic comments on Vanessa's and my collaboration. Getting that sort of feedback from you is ... Well I don't even know how to describe it; uplifting, motivating to do more, a real thrill ... No I definitely can't do it justice. But it felt great.

Thank you!

Michele

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:32 am

Neil

Thanks for another great week.

Dermot

:)

Doo Wop Progression..... ?

Stand By Me
Key of A
I vi IV V (7)