On the Beat - Episode 225 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 21st, 2014

TGNeil

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:58 pm

All forgotten, although as part of my recovery process I am supposed to find a home for a couple hundred "hard to find" Beatles albums. Any takers before I change my mind?

Neil

P.S. Never mind, too late now. They have to stay and I feel better, maybe even "fine."

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:02 pm

TGNeil wrote:
All forgotten, although as part of my recovery process I am supposed to find a home for a couple hundred "hard to find" Beatles albums. Any takers before I change my mind?

Neil

P.S. Never mind, too late now. They have to stay and I feel better, maybe even "fine."
I had no idea that one could actually recover from such an affliction! I do consider myself lucky that my obsession is digital, and not vinyl.... Storing that amount of music would be, well, difficult... ;) I am sure you have some storage issues. B)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 am

Good point Neil! I made my request before re-visiting the actual lesson videos when I was downloading files to keep (there was a GPro6 file there). I have noticed I am starting to forget songs I have worked on before. As I went through, I realised I can live without it. But since you mentioned completion.... I did think it would be good to have a play through of the whole thing at the end. My feeling is every lesson should have a complete play through performance. No pressure to go back and check 600 odd lessons and add a complete play through... is there?! :woohoo: Of course, I understand a play through is not always essential and you are not focussed on teaching songs but on advancing us as guitar players.
neverfoundthetime wrote:
The news reminded me about Last Train To Clarksville.... can we please have the GPro file in GPro 5 format please... for those of us using TuxGuitar which cannot handle Gpro 6 or .gpx.
Many thanks!

Hey Chris,

After looking back at the tab for Last Train I remember I almost didn't even post the gpx file as I can't imaging what anybody could need from that, as short as it is, that they can't get from the pdf. Are you sure you need it and this isn't just a completionist's obsession?...

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:21 am

Niel

I've watched this News a few times now and
there's a lot of great tips in there for me too.
Bookmarked for sure.

Just loved the music you played this week.

Thanks

Dermot

:)

sbutler

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 pm

sbutler wrote:
Wow, your sure in a great mood today. To bad you had to run off to the ball game, you could have stayed and played a little longer.

Ok, you played something that is now driving me crazy. It was a classical number, that you played towards the end of your wrap up. You said we had a lesson on it, and you went back and forth on the fingering. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that song. I don't know if Hector did it or you, but I remember working on it before my surgery last year, and I had forgotten all about it. WHAT IS THAT SONG. I lived in a camper for several months, and tossed a lot of my sheet music that I didn't have room for, and now I'm wondering if I tossed this one. Oh somebody help me here. :S

Scott
Ok, I figured it out by myself. Life has been sort of painful lately, and I guess my memory is going. But the song is Lagrima. A Hector lesson. I do wish you'd put your spin on it Neil, but I'll resurrect it anyway.
Scott

TGNeil

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Scott,

Funny you should mention it but I have been thinking about the same thing but restraining because of Hector's lesson. I will probably get to it as I beef up the classical lessons anyway.

Neil

sbutler

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Scott,

Funny you should mention it but I have been thinking about the same thing but restraining because of Hector's lesson. I will probably get to it as I beef up the classical lessons anyway.

Neil
I thought you may be exercising a professional courtesy somehow. But I don't think adding your view or teaching style would detract at all from what Hector has done. I think it would be a plus, not a minus. There are certainly some spots in the tab, that are more than just a little confusing. I think I'm working through them, but there may be folks that would be left scratching their heads without some guidance.

Either way, it sounds almost like a lullaby, and as a lesson, has a lot to learn. I'm so glad you brought it up Friday, because I had totally forgotten this song. I won't do that again.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic