On the Beat - Episode 226 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 28th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 28th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

As February closes I have to embark on a few trips over the next few months, hopefully interruptions at
TG will be minimal but we may miss a few Friday recaps soon. As far as this week is concerned, I decided
to start with a little sight reading from one of my favorite books, The Baroque Guitar by Frederick Noad,
looking at Canarios by Gaspar Sanz and a Sonata by Domenico Scarlatti. Remind me to prep better next time!

I also touched on Forum posts regarding the TG Uploader, common chord progressions, and lessons leaving
parts to be desired.

The IGC update is that we are extending the Early Bird special through the weekend for any procrastinators
who still want to save a few bucks but Sunday night is really last call for the special deal.

The new content this week included more on Fretboard Geometry from Doug Young, Vanessa's lesson on Red
by Taylor Swift
, an easy classical reading pair of pieces by Ferdinando Carulli, the beginning of our second John
Renbourn workshop
, and The Beatles' I'll Get You, continuing with the series on their early singles.

I vaguely remember playing through a Venezuelan Waltz by Antonio Lauro as well, another work under construction
between new TG lessons.

Off to March, and a little softball in Florida,

Neil

willem

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 am

till march,,its march and back again,,I live here(well a lot of my free time),,

Neil, that interval thing you do with your students that looks great,,

Willem

edit. I love the two guitars idea..

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Willem Wrote:
Neil, that interval thing you do with your students that looks great,,

Willem

edit. I love the two guitars idea..
I think so too.... sound cool a idea !

Enjoyed the playing this week too.

Thanks, Neil, Vanessa and Doug.... great week.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic