On the Beat - Episode 227 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 7th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -7th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week was a bit different from most at TG as I am on the road catching our baby's softball games in Florida.
This has presented quite a few challenges as far as day to day operations, although a surprise bonus was a face
to face meeting with our own Matt Williams!

Not being sure that the News will even get to you guys today, I figured I would give more of a recap of my travels
rather than the usual (whatever that is). As it was I talked a bit about minor scales, unusual strumming in the heavily
requested All My Loving, along with an almost daily travelogue. Pardon the self indulgence but it just sort of streamed
out on its own.

While there weren't many, we still managed to get a few new releases out, which included John Mellencamp's Jack And
Diane
, part 2 of the second day at Los Gatos Guitar Gallery with John Renbourn that had some cool folk songs and
questions from students. An instrumental release from Doug Young covering a DADGAD Arrangement of the Beatles
tune From Me To You
and I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.

On an end note, I hope you enjoy it, if I ever get it out...

willem

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks,,have a good time

Willem

dtaylor

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Interesting chat on minor scales, I notice you've never (I stand to be corrected) referenced the note names doh ray me fah etc in any of your theory lessons. I'd like to hear more of this approach as it makes sense to me.

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Neil

Thanks for taking the time for the weekly news, all 18 minutes of it.... Good Battery :)

Enjoyed your guitar playing ...... you play Pinball :ohmy:

Enjoy the Softball

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic