>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 124 - KPIG Radio Promo

tombo1230

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:40 pm

TGNeil wrote:
[quote

There is still an old website at joplinandsweeney.com but I think the only interesting info there my be the blog about my daughter's heart surgery.

Neil[/quote]

I've read through your blog Neil, it must have been a very stressful time for you all.

Thankfully a very positive outcome in the end. Your daughters fitness may have been her saving grace I suspect.

I am sure she is thriving after such expert care. The Angels must have been looking over her at that time :)

Tom N.

TGNeil

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the comments and we never forget how lucky we were with Lizzie's situation. That is only part of the reason that occasionally I drop out for a week and hang out watching softball in far away lands like Florida.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:08 am

Neil Wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the comments and we never forget how lucky we were with Lizzie's situation. That is only part of the reason that occasionally I drop out for a week and hang out watching softball in far away lands like Florida.

Neil
Tom Wrote:
I've read through your blog Neil, it must have been a very stressful time for you all.

Thankfully a very positive outcome in the end. Your daughters fitness may have been her saving grace I suspect.

I am sure she is thriving after such expert care. The Angels must have been looking over her at that time
Neil
I read that articlke too and can sure understand it always being in your mind.
My dad's friend had serious heart surgery at an early age then continued to play rugby and lived
long into old age.

I know a few people both sides of my family that get regular check ups since having heart operations
and their family members too. All are keeping well.

Dermot

jayswett

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:14 am

TGNeil wrote:
jayswett wrote:
What is the Joplin and Sweeney Guitar Shop? I heard a reference to that in the video.
Hi Jay,

Joplin & Sweeney Music was the store I ran for a little over 30 years with a partner, Greg Burger. I pretty much retired it a couple years ago and moved all teaching and associated operations to TG Central, in the back yard. Joplin & Sweeney was really just a teaching studio for a bunch of teachers (at one time but dwindled down to just a couple by the end) and not really a retail store to speak of. I also used it as a record label that released my albums, along with a few others, Hector Garcia and Jim Witzel. There is still an old website at joplinandsweeney.com but I think the only interesting info there my be the blog about my daughter's heart surgery.

We also had a boutique guitar shop for a while, The Los Gatos Guitar Gallery, and were affiliated with Keith Holland's Guitar Hospital. At one point all 3 businesses were under the same roof in Los Gatos.

Neil
I will be in that area with my family in late April. It doesn't sound like I should add it to my itinerary. Too bad. I was hoping to see how and where TG got started.

unclewalt

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic