On the Beat - Episode 230 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 21st, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 21st-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Following in last week's footsteps today's News started off with a mystery song, along with hints about last week's
and its connection to the Recommend A Lesson page. Confused?, ... probably but stay tuned anyway. Scattered
among today's thoughts, I ran through the recent releases but also mentioned that emails went out to everybody
registered for the IGC. If you didn't get one please PM me. I also expanded on the Bonnie Raitt question on changing
keys, and played a bit of my traditional top five list, along with a few reasons and excuses. Maybe the next thread
should go on to guilty pleasures, songs you are not proud about liking.

I also talked about Lynn's House Concert with Dave Nachmanoff and heard from Wiley today that he will be doing
something similar at his house in Texas in May. I really encourage anybody within a few hours drive to try to make it.
I also encourage everybody to consider hosting one as well. It is a great way to be part of a very special show, as well
as support very talented musicians.

The new lessons this week included I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift, Van Morrison's Into The Mystic, Cathy's
Clown by The Everly Brothers
, and Wrapped Around Your Finger by The Police. I think two of those were heavily
Recommended over the years and in the remaining top twenty or so. I guess I have an excuse to go back to the obscure
for a while now.

There was probably more but that's what I remember now, so until next week,

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:19 pm

I am looking very forward to next week,,oh well first enjoy the weekend for so far it will go..

Have fun and sun

Willem..

ps, I wonder if we Always must rhyme in songs?

unclewalt

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

AndyT

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues

auntlynnie

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Andy,
I love that song. Haven't heard it in years.
Thanks for reminding me of it.
Lynn

TGNeil

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 pm

OOPS- Slip Alert!

I had Wiley on the brain for the house concert but the referenced clock was a gift from Wrench. Sorry guys and thanks again to Wrench for the cool memento.

Neil

AndyT

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 am

Lynn,
Anytime. Neil's mystery song today reminded me of it. It also made me think it was a Japanese tune from an old movie. I know it, just can't put my finger on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic