On the Beat - Episode 232 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 4th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -4th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week has been a little more theory heavy than most, a trend that I see continuing for a bit as I seem to
be accumulating a back log of outlines on lessons that I think are really important and useful but I also keep
running into great songs for lessons. Such a dilemma! Aside from the usual rundown of new stuff, there was a
little IGC info, comments on ancient cities, direction in hybrid picking, thoughts on songs you always listen to
the until the end, and a brief recap of a lesson I had last night with a longtime TGer. I also mentioned that we
are back in production of Student Reviews so I hope to see more soon, although the last few I have seen didn't
require any correction, they were spectacular.

Along with an upcoming FOTW from last night (hopefully), there is a chance that I Can't Tell You Why with Sandy
gave enough info for folks to be able to play the song. Let me know if that seems like the case, as even today's News
may have enough clues to add an Allman Brothers' song to your repertoire.

I seem to remember playing bits and pieces of a few originals, as well as Pete Townsend, Antonio Lauro, Fernando Sor,
probably a few that I have forgotten too. In any case, I hope you find something informative, entertaining, or at least
amusing in today's update from rainy (finally!!) California.

Till next week,

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

auntlynnie

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:06 pm

So Neil,
If you are going to be away, how about letting Vanessa do the news?
Lynn

sbutler

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Its great to hear that your going to start doing lessons on some more of your originals. That doesn't mean I'm good enough to play them, but hey, I ain't a quitter. Nobody likes a quitter. :laugh:

And yes, I thought of you when I was in that Moroccan music store. So your souvenir is in the mail.

Scott

sbutler

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:25 pm

I forgot to mention the live shot of Chicago doing 25 or 6 to4. I had a Date all lined up to go see Chicago live in KC. Must have been 72'. She was a very pretty girl, and I was extremely excited. Well she stood me up, and I had to take my SISTER :angry: :blush:
But the show, and yes Terry Kath was off the charts. I had a great time, and soon forgot about my embarrassment. It was one of many yet to come.

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Neil, no news next week ? Awww ...

Like today, every Friday I do look forward to seeing your kneecap.

Oooops, ...er, um .... I mean seeing your recap. :side:

Pierre

willem

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:40 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Neil, no news next week ? Awww ...

Like today, every Friday I do look forward to seeing your kneecap.

Oooops, ...er, um .... I mean seeing your recap. :side:

Pierre
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic