On the Beat - Episode 235 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 25th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 25th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Running a little late today, with a great excuse offered up early in today's News. A lot of today's musings came
about from thoughts about playing introspective, meditative versions of songs, which led up to a new possible
Forum topic- Songs The Bring Tears To Your Eyes. This gave me an excuse to bring up one of my favorite Camel
albums, Harbour Of Tears.

In between we had a short review of our new material: Carulli's Waltz In E, The End by Pearl Jam, The Beatles' All My
Loving
, and our multi-part Fly On The Wall Lesson with Bob finally reaching its conclusion.

There was also mention of the recommended IGC songs and a stab at Desperado, in more than one sense.

I hope there was some fun and entertainment somewhere along the way,

Neil

sbutler

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Hey Neil, I just got home from a weekend away and got your news. Don't worry about the 10 minute thing, there are no 10 min rules, so your good. But now that you've started this with Sweet Georgia Brown and Five Foot two, you are now required to do lessons on them.(something about your continued violation of the 10 min rules. :laugh: :laugh: ) Anyway, Those would make perfect little medium difficult finger pickin songs.

SCott

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Neil, so the event you describe turned out to be both emotionally moving and artistically challenging.
Interesting how you adapted ... a real Pro, but still personally involved.

Thanks for letting us in on a part of it, there's something to learn there for sure ;)

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic