On the Beat - Episode 246 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 6th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -6th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today we started with a little Stray Cats, in honor of John’s cool Open Mic video, and a mystery piece that I may have toyed with before.
Over the course of the next few minutes there was a rundown of the new Target material, along with a little talk about songwriting, before
it occurred to me that I should just do some lessons on songwriting. There was an improvised progression that might lend itself to a TG
Community
songwriting effort, and maybe that is a place we need to go in the future.

The focus of this week’s lessons included continuing with the Guitar Geography Series. It has reached a natural breaking point now so next
week will include some new song lessons, like I think I promised this week but the Geography stuff is really important, in my opinion.

We had an addition from Vanessa with James Blunt’s Postcards, finished Jay’s series with a talk about tablature, and brought out Sandy’s
FOTW where we worked on the song in progress, now renamed Bloody Good Mate!

I hope everybody had a good week and can carry it over to next.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:56 pm

I sat next to your Mom and Corey, the night of your concert with Al, and I really enjoyed visiting with both of them. I hope your Mother is doing well, and that her new digs are good for her.

So back to NORMAL lessons eh? I think you promised "Snap a little owl" before "The Clap". :)

Oh well, I'm sure you'll get to them all sooner or later.

Have a great weeekend Neil.

Scott

willem

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:56 pm

To short, have a long and great weekend.

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic