12 String Guitar

Chasplaya

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:50 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Dermot, 12 strings are fun and its hard to beat the sound and volume of a good 12! Love my Takamine 12 string!
Rare occasion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but I do agree with Neverfoundthetime here, Takamine 12's are awesome, mine is quite Bass(y) and is brilliant for playing blues. It takes a while to get used to, but the dividend is just superb!

clydeortego

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:31 am

Hey Guys:

What do yall think of Epiphone 12 string acoustic guitars?

I bought one back on Memorial Day weekend from Guitar Center.

Happy Strumming

Clyde Ortego :cheer:

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm

HI, Is it the DR-212 ?

I've tried that one and its pretty good, solidly built and the sound was also quite 'big', the DR-212 has a tapered neck making it a good 12 to learn on. I've heard new ones need a proper set up as the intonation is off and the stock strings are not the best, but hey those are easy fixes.

Happy strumming

Chas

clydeortego

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey Chas:

It is the DR 212 From epiphone and I agree is does sound good.

The only change I did to it was as was getting it setup at Guitar Center and had a pickup installed called MiSi which is rechargeable and one hour of charge lasts eight to sixteen hours of play time.

I play it through a Luna five watt amp and it makes it sound really like a symphony. The tech also changed out the strings from original to Martins Light.

Thanks for the comeback.

Happy Strumming

Clyde Ortego :cheer:

wrsomers

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 am

I have a Martin D12X1AE and love it. I tried several others and found the Martin has the best tone for my ears. I tune it down 3 semi-tones so I can sing some of the "Stones" songs (Wild Horses, As Tears Go By, etc). This Martin has an HPL body and solid spruce top. The neck is laminated so it looks weird; but laminated necks are more stable, which is a necessity with 12 strings trying to pull it out of shape. IMHO you can't go wrong for the price...$650.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Great to hear you have a 12 Bill! I tune mine down a half or full step but 1 1/2 steps is a long way! Having said that, I am playing Cold Play's God Put a Smile on Your Face on my 6 string tuned down 1 1/2 steps because that's what they do and it sounds GREAT! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic