On the Beat - Episode 249 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 27th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 27th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Running a little late today as the neighborhood is sounding like a battle zone. Aside from the weekly rundown,
today’s News included thoughts on 9th chords (including a puzzle) and a little more info on the Master Class idea
that we will doing at this year’s IGC.

The new stuff included Jason Mraz’ 93 Million Miles, another episode in the Guitar Geography Series, an advanced
fingerpicking tune, Whodunit?, a Fly video with Ed talking about ninth chords in the context of the jazzy version of
Makin’ Whoopee, and the Beatles’ fun tune, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill. That lesson was done with a slightly
different approach where the student probably needs to take notes and fill in the blanks. I would really appreciate
some feedback on the approach.

Other than that, it’s getting noisy here again so I will be on my way…

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Neil

Of course it wouldn't be much of a FOTW terrifying everyone with CAMERAS.....

Point taken !!!

:ohmy:

Sorry, couldn't hear much else as the Logo was in the way !!

:laugh: :laugh:

Dermot

sbutler

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Well you asked what album those songs were from, and I recognized "snap a little owl" (poor little guy), Bermuda Triangle Exit, and I don't know what the other was. Sorry.

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Scott Wrote:
Well you asked what album those songs were from, and I recognized "snap a little owl" (poor little guy), Bermuda Triangle Exit, and I don't know what the other was. Sorry.
I didn't recognise the other one either. I've been listening to several albums but no joy there. !

Sorry too !

:)

sbutler

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 am

Well I do believe the name of the album is "Snap a little owl". I only had to look, and I found.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Scott

I listened to samples from the album Snap A Little Owl but didn't recognise the song Neil was refering too.

It might be my ears though !

:S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic