On the Beat - Episode 252 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 18th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 18th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

A few mystery songs were scattered throughout today’s News, along with comments on the Guitar Strings
thread
on the Forum, thoughts on the Practice thread, and a few IGC details. The new content this week
included Ed Sheeran’s Sing, Fred and I working through the acoustic Layla, Section B of Whodunit, a pretty
long lesson on the very short Francisco Tarrega piece Adelita, and a song just recently on the Recommend
A Lesson list, Out On The Weekend by Neil Young.

I also talked about some of the obstacles that need to be overcome with certain lessons, although that might
be more of a “read between the lines” problem. Confused? Stay Tuned…

willem

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Fake book-melody=put it togehter,,save it for an other day....don't forget Neil or get side tracked..

nice weekend or go out :laugh: B) :cheer:

Willem

jimcjimc

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:51 pm

trivia answer: David Freiberg, according to the credits on the album

sbutler

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:08 pm

That first mystery song almost sounded like something from Dave Brubeck. Maybe??????

TGNeil

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Jim & Scott,

Thanks for the responses. As far as the singer I couldn't track down the album but I guessed it was either David or Gary Duncan. Of course the guy who started the band was in jail for the first few albums then returned with his own voice on some of their later songs. Freiberg was a part of most SF bands at the time, wiki him for details.

The jazz tune- I don't think Dave Brubeck ever did it but it is right up his alley, also written by a piano player.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic