Classic Camel

TGNeil

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Gang,

I just heard one of my favorite songs this morning and thought I'd share some Camel with you. Andy Latimer is still around making Camel albums occasionally but here is one of the songs that put them on my all time best progressive bands list. Lady Fantasy from Mirage (1974).

wrench

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:51 pm

I am very happy Andy Latimer was able to overcome the serious health issues he had a few years ago.

And there IS a chord solo of Ice waiting its turn on my live agenda!

sbutler

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Well thats a new one on me. I have never heard of Classic Camel before. Interesting.

Music Junkie

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 pm

A friend of mine had some old LP's in his attic back in HS, and we were sorting through them when we came across some Camel albums. We had no idea who they were, so we put them on the turntable while we were going through the rest of the LP's. The music was certainly different than anything we had been listening to, or anything that we had really heard before. Camel sort of introduced the both of us to Progressive Rock. One of the songs that we liked quite a bit was this one.....

Highways of the Sun from the 1977 album Rain Dances

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Neil mention them a long time ago.... :)

BigBear

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm

A truly groundbreaking prog rock group. I still listen to the Snow Goose frequently. There were so many of these obscure groups that never got the attention they deserved; Marillion, Gentle Giant, Caravan, King Crimson and many others which opened the gates for the great prog rock groups like Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull, ELP and Genesis.

But like Neil is so adapt at showing us there were some real gem songs in these groups but you often have to listen to some really weird music at times to find them!!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:47 am

BigBear wrote:
A truly groundbreaking prog rock group. I still listen to the Snow Goose frequently. There were so many of these obscure groups that never got the attention they deserved; Marillion, Gentle Giant, Caravan, King Crimson and many others which opened the gates for the great prog rock groups like Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull, ELP and Genesis.

But like Neil is so adapt at showing us there were some real gem songs in these groups but you often have to listen to some really weird music at times
to find them!!
I love good progrock too. I still have a Marillion album.... or is it one from Fish?

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
BigBear wrote:

But like Neil is so adapt at showing us there were some real gem songs in these groups but you often have to listen to some really weird music at times
to find them!!
I love good progrock too. I still have a Marillion album.... or is it one from Fish?
I have 7 Marillion digital albums.. interested?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic