On the Beat - Episode 257 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 29th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 29th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Well one might think that after not doing an update last week that this week’s would be extra long.
It didn’t quite turn out that way, fortunately. I did resurrect bits and pieces of some originals that had
ties to Hawaii, staying with the recent and upcoming lesson on Wai’Uli. I also relayed a short story
about music playing in the house that my daughter moved in to near the end. There was some IGC talk
related to intro videos that I hope will see the light of day soon, as well as another promise to reinstate
an old feature that has been dormant lately.

The recent releases included a few parts of Wai’uli, then a set of songs ranging from folky to progressive:
John Prine’s Big Old Goofy World, The Indigo Girls’ Galileo, J.J. Cale’s After Midnight, and Eye In The Sky by
The Alan Parsons Project.
There were a couple informative Fly On The Wall lessons too, Ed working on Neil
Young’s Unknown Legend
and Sandy working on The Boxer. Of course The Boxer lesson had really nothing
to do with the song but more about knowing the range of the song and your own vocal range, and using that
info to choose the best key or use of a capo. Once we got on the capo thread we went into ideas for creating
second guitar parts.

I think that about sums it up but your mileage may vary.

davidrfinn99165

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Good to see On the Beat back again Neil. Can I give a quick vote for the Indigo Girls song you mentioned.. Power Of Two is a must. Vanessa's lesson on Gallleo was excellent this week...many thx to her.

Best wishes for all your preparations for Camp. I won't make it over from UK this year, but am setting a long term goal to join you for a future IGC. / david

beaker

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Neil, did you jam w your daughters friends playing Sugaree?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic