On the Beat - Episode 260 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 3rd, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -3rd-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

October is here and that means two big things, playoff baseball (including the SF Giants!), and Halloween is on the horizon.
Maybe we’ll have some special songs/lessons for either occasion soon. Life at TG got a little more on track with some new
song lessons, Acoustic Snapshots, Fly On The Wall videos, and finally a start to the ear-training series I have been trying to
get off the ground.

During the News today I touched on some things I have enjoyed seeing on the Forum, brought up some Smothers Brothers/Mason Williams
stories, brought out Bart’s 8-string baritone guitar (but didn’t really play anything on it), and played a potential sneak preview lesson,
something I try not to make a habit of but when a song grabs me and I get started on it everything else takes a back seat.

The new lesson this week-
Bryan Adams – Heaven
Paul Stooky – The Wedding Song
FOTW with Marc
Ear Training For Guitarists (just the tip of the iceberg!)

Maybe next week I’ll explain my fascination with Halloween. It’s probably not what you might guess…

schembre

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 am

After all these years, you've finally gotten me to reply to a blog! :-0 Great timing on the Wedding Song; I have a "Camp Over" wedding to go to in two weeks and was instructed to "bring my guitar". So with this song and still begin battle-hardened from camp, I'm ready!

But here's what made me really wright - Halloween Songs! If you remember me at camp for nothing else, you should remember me playing "Lil Red Riding Hood" (Sam The Sham) in between every Beatles' song!!!!! A perfect camp-fire Halloween song ... and the TG folks deserve it so we can all play it ad-nausium next year!! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic