On the Beat - Episode 264 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 31st, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Finally some rain is coming to Northern California, along with the Giants' parade in San Francisco. This week at TG we
had a lot of ongoing series of lessons: Ear Training, Sandy's stretch of Guitar Geography, the new Ragtime piece The
Good Life
, and Vanessa's take on Bryan Adams' Summer Of '69. At the start of the News I ran through Sections A & B of
The Good Life, and sometime later tripped through the remaining sections. Somewhere in there I played bits and pieces
of a few other things, including a Halloween special that is still developing and a very short hint of a high demand tune
that I am finally starting.

There was some cool stuff on the Forum this week, including Pete's busking videos, Dan's IGC thoughts, Chas's Music Column,
and a very interesting take into guitars by Paul Reed Smith. I also received an unexpected, and unusual package in the mail this
week that I figured was worth sharing. I hope everybody has a great weekend.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

TGNesh

Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Witchy Woman, niiiiiiice!!

If it wasn't that I love singing a tíny bit more, i would wanna learn to play it as you did! :P

Lavallee

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Neil

I am really looking forward to Witchy woman with the melody. A good project for sure with that bass line like Eye in the sky (that one is finished). Is Angi (at 16 minutes of the video) (Davy Graham original or smiley Bert Jansch version? ) in line as well?

Great episode as usual

Marc

jcrocket

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 am

Apologies for interjecting baseball talk into a guitar forum, but.....

to Neil (and Ron and all the other Giants fans out there) - congrats on the title! Like most non-Giants fans, I was pulling for K.C., but as a baseball fan you can’t be anything but impressed with the Giants.

As incredible as Bumgarner’s feat was, what really stood out for me is how it once again illustrated that Bruce Bochy is in class of his own as a baseball manager. Any other manager would’ve played it safe, hiding behind either conventional wisdom or baseball over-analytics to justify pulling Bumgarner. Bochy had the confidence to trust what his eyes and gut were telling him - even to the point of having nobody warming up as Bumgarner kept rolling along.

Jeff

TGNeil

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 am

jcrocket wrote:

to Neil (and Ron and all the other Giants fans out there) - congrats on the title! Like most non-Giants fans, I was pulling for K.C., but as a baseball fan you can’t be anything but impressed with the Giants.

As incredible as Bumgarner’s feat was, what really stood out for me is how it once again illustrated that Bruce Bochy is in class of his own as a baseball manager. Any other manager would’ve played it safe, hiding behind either conventional wisdom or baseball over-analytics to justify pulling Bumgarner. Bochy had the confidence to trust what his eyes and gut were telling him - even to the point of having nobody warming up as Bumgarner kept rolling along.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the thoughts and this series was unbelievable on a few fronts. I have to say I became a Royals fan as it unfolded and would have pulled for them against anybody else. What a fun team to watch and a real class act, particularly Ned Yost. There certainly was a feel of destiny unfolding for the Giants but is was always in the balance and easily could have gone the other way. Regardless, it was great to watch history unfold right before our eyes.

Neil

sbutler

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:06 pm

TGNeil wrote:
jcrocket wrote:

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the thoughts and this series was unbelievable on a few fronts. I have to say I became a Royals fan as it unfolded and would have pulled for them against anybody else. What a fun team to watch and a real class act, particularly Ned Yost. There certainly was a feel of destiny unfolding for the Giants but is was always in the balance and easily could have gone the other way. Regardless, it was great to watch history unfold right before our eyes.

Neil
After having been away from KC for 14 yrs, I was totally removed from any professional KC sports teams. And all those years I was away, the Royals were always a"less than average" team. Not now, and what is fun to watch is how ready this area was to see the Royals pull a Phoenix, and come back from the Ashes. Yeah, everyone in KC would have loved to see their team win just one more game, but its almost as if they did. The fans around here have finally gotten something to rally around and its really fun to watch. To have come so close to beating a team that has been on top for so many years proves that this 2014 Royals team is the real deal. Now if I could only play my guitar so well, the world would be right. Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic