On the Beat - Episode 266 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 14th, 2014

tgjameela

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 14th-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week I spent a lot of time addressing ways to deal with a problem that is starting to seem impossible.
This of course started on the Forum but it reminded me of a few situations with original pieces, or arrangements,
where I was heading in that direction. By the end of today's extended and interrupted entry, I struggled through
my current gigantic obstacle of a piece, Bethena by Scott Joplin.

A few things that got mentioned leading up to that included this week's new content, a suggestion about strumming
motion (also from a Forum post), and most importantly, a rediscovery of some great software that was essential to
one of this week's lessons.

The new releases for the week included Vanessa's lesson on Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, Davey Graham's original
version of Angi
, a Fly On The Wall video with Fred working on Here Comes The Sun, and a couple segments from
recurring the series running now: Section C of The Good Life and an Ear Training set of videos on Seventh Chords.

The software I want to bring back into our discussions is Song Surgeon. Last week I really needed to hear Angi slowed
down and it did a phenomenal jab, making it very easy to hear exactly what he was doing. During the News today I also
mentioned a feature it has that I never really thought I'd need or use, only to find a situation that arose due to the
current Ragtime kick where it was the perfect solution. Anybody with a stash of LPs that are unlikely to ever enter the
digital age will appreciate it. If you need to check it out again it is easy to access from our "Recommended Products"
link on the left.

As alluded to in today's News, I may have too much practicing going on in the immediate future to ever get to any new lessons... hopefully nobody is hurting for material???

dtaylor

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:25 pm

As alluded to in today's News, I may have too much practicing going on in the immediate future to ever get to any new lessons... hopefully nobody is hurting for material???
I for one am totally overwhelmed with the list of songs I want to learn. There are literally years worth of material to master so I'm a happy camper. I love the stuff Vanessa is covering, long may it continue.

michelew

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Me too.

If I stopped watching the new releases tomorrow - YEH right! like it's possible not to be tempted by the new material that you and Ness are releasing. :) - well I'd still have a couple of life times worth of stuff to learn, improve, finish, master and just have fun with.

In fact, all the great lessons that Nessa has prepare alone, trying to get them under my fingers properly, would keep me busy for a looooooong time... Gosh I have so many unfinished songs. B) :) :)

Have fun with your journey into the land of obsession Neil. Thanks for your guidance this week. I really liked that you gave me just enough of a nudge to get me using my head to find another way. I'll absolutely remember this lesson for the future.

Thanks!

Michele

willem

Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks Neil, its a general issue losing the timing and this evening I have a tryout on a song (under friends) and will see the outcome,maybe I was not familair enough with progression and his tempo,I practised it slower and now on the orginal tempo It goes a bit better. It are 1/8 notes on down strokes with some 1/16 and fake strokes,,hope it turns in a good tryout but will never give up if its not..maybe I make a video if it turns in nothing and ask again for advise..

goodluck on your obsessions, I think you have time for that 'cos for us there's a lot in the library

Willem

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Great Weekly News Neil, thanks !

Here Comes The Sun ....I hadn't tried it before. The lessons great and FOTW a bonus...... very helpful for me.... :)

A Good Life ............... I haven't tried the lesson yet but plan to soon. It's brilliant.... :ohmy:

Angie ....................... Amazing..... It joins the list..... :ohmy:

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic