On the Beat - Episode 270 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 31st, 2014

tgjameela

Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 31st-2014/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

So it is New Year’s Eve and I decided I needed to check in with the TG Universe. I hope everybody is having a good
Holiday Season, maybe even getting some extra time for music exploration. I had a pleasant surprise last night as
a nice little tune dropped in to visit. I managed to harness a section of it then and finished it early this morning.

As raw as it is I played through it towards the end and invite you to give me a little feedback, mostly along the lines
of what picture it might paint for you. It does have a title, in my world, which I mention after playing, that you might
not want to hear as you think about it. Maybe cancel the audio at that point if you want to play along. It is really a
song that could use lyrics, not a pyrotechnic guitar piece, and maybe next week we can toss around ideas for that.

I opened the News with a chord that related to something recently on the Forum, the “What Chord Is This” thread.
I think we got the diminished answer for that one, so I talked a little about diminished chords in general.
Coincidentally, about the time those messages were flowing, I was puzzled over another mystery chord. I had a few
thoughts, and even consulted Guitar Pro, and would like to open it up to the Community for discussion. The notes
were on the 5th through 2nd strings at frets 3, 1, 2, 3. Let me know what you come up with for this. An aside, Guitar
Pro completely failed.

I also mentioned s bit about IGC, which we are just getting to work on but there is a good chance we will change
dates or sites. Hopefully more info on that will be ready in a few weeks. I can say Dave Nachmanoff is trying to rearrange
his plans in order to join us. He told me he had the time of his life, which I know is how many of the folks who joined
us felt as well.

Other than that, there was a little random improvising and rambling, as usual.

All the best to everyone heading into 2015!

wrench

Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:32 pm

Neil, that new piece is a jewel.

Happy New Year to all.

willem

Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Happy New Year everybody..

Picture!! I have to listen a few times to your playing,, but a picture of what it good be worry's me,, world wide it is not anymore what it was,, here in the Dutch it can be very romantic when I think years and years back,, now it brings panic when it arived for a few days, :laugh: :laugh:

Willem

Ps looking forward to 2015 no matter what it brings, its such fun.

BobR

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:01 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL :cheer: :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:10 pm

Neil Wrote:
The notes were on the 5th through 2nd strings at frets 3, 1, 2, 3. Let me know what you come up with for this.
C minor = 1 C , b3 Eb, 5 G (the 5th can be omitted).

Cminor 6th .... 1 C 3b Eb 6 A ( A = 6th, 5th omitted )

Cminor 6th Add 9 1 C, 3b Eb, 6 A, D (Add 9)

Chord Name....... C minor 6th Add 9

I like your new tune Neil.

Happy 2015 to all

Dermot

sbutler

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:14 pm

Before you told us the name of your new song, I was thinking something on the lines of seeing both of your daughters growing into beautiful women, now that you've spent some good quality, holiday time with them. "As girls grow into women"

I guess I miss mine daughter too much this time of year. Happy Newyear everyone.
Scott

michelew

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi!

I'm responding from 2015. Happy New Year everyone.

Neil - I stopped your video before you announced the title. I only listened once, but the image I was getting was you talking about an important relationship in your life, reminiscing about different phases of it. It went through quite a few mood shifts. I was hearing sadness, playfulness, thinking about things you've done together and a lot of love. It ends a little sadly, but the whole thing is hopeful and full of tenderness. So maybe moving into 2015 it's about moving through a sad phase with love into something brighter.

... But I only listened once, so perhaps I'll hear something different on the next listen.

If you're planning to use this instrumental as a lyrics writing challenge, I suggest you upload a sound file of the song so we can play it on repeat.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2015. Thanks for showing us your song. It's lovely and had an effect on my emotions after just one play.

And thanks for a wonderful year of TG.

Michele

willem

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:59 am

wow I listen a few times and came up with a total other tittle,,don't know if I can work it out futer..with sensitive lyrics.

Think also there are more songs named by this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic