On the Beat - Episode 273 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 23rd, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 23rd-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today I spent most of my allotted time playing bits and pieces of most of the tunes I have been working on lately.
Quite a few even turned into complete play throughs, warts and all. I was sort of looking at today as a mid-term
test of sorts, where my semester project is to really polish a new set of material, trying to get it concert ready, or
maybe recording studio ready. I have been thinking it's about time for a new album or two. There were a few
thoughts on practice techniques that came up as I was playing a bit of Bethena.

As far as new stuff this week, we had a great addition from Vanessa on another tune by Ben Howard, The Fear,
the concluding segments of the Prelude In D Minor, and a Fly On The Wall video with Fred talking about some
goals for the year.

As I was in a bit of a reflective mood today so I also brought up a few personal stories and thoughts. I am very
grateful for TG and the Community that has come together and bonded as our extended family.

All the best,

Neil

TGNesh

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:48 am

Always humbled when I watch you play..... :)

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 am

Neil

What a great news, thanks.

Vanessa, if Neil watched some of your lessons he might not make so many mistakes, eh ? :P

:ohmy:

unclewalt

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:31 pm

fjeanmur

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Hey Vanessa,

If this is true, then you can imagine how I feel . . . :S :S :S !

TGNesh

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:38 am

:laugh: :laugh: I hear you Jean, I guess we all feel that way, one way or the other, there is always someone waaaaaaay more skilled than ourselves! Well except if you're the Master (read: Neil Hogan) of course! :P ;)

fjeanmur wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Hey Vanessa,

If this is true, then you can imagine how I feel . . . :S :S :S !

dekotaj

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

Hey Neil.
Please thank Rebeca for the lesson.Great song. And a lot of fun to play.Like you said in the lesson very easy song to play with some different picking patterns.I agree with you,when you said in the lesson anyone starting to learn finger picking should give this a go.In the lesson you said it was a song off Rebeca list.Got me wondering what other song are on that list?? Happy New year to you and yours.
Kev
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

TGNesh

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Hey Kev'! Coincidentally I know one song of that list, since she specifically requested it, to me that is. And it's even more of a coincidence that I'm actually preparing it for this weeks lesson (Friday). Although she might not notice the addition of it to Target. :P

dekotaj wrote:
In the lesson you said it was a song off Rebeca list.Got me wondering what other song are on that list??
Kev
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

dekotaj

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Hey Kev'! Coincidentally I know one song of that list, since she specifically requested it, to me that is. And it's even more of a coincidence that I'm actually preparing it for this weeks lesson (Friday). Although she might not notice the addition of it to Target. :P

dekotaj wrote:
In the lesson you said it was a song off Rebeca list.Got me wondering what other song are on that list??
Kev
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Thanks Ness. I'm looking for Friday to get here even quicker so I can see what you got cooking.
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic