On the Beat - Episode 275 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 6th, 2015

tgjameela

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:46 am

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -6th-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Welcome to February! The big news around here is the weather, more details in the video. As far as TG goes though,
I really want to thank everybody who got involved in the Lyric Collaboration Project for And Winter Glows. I think this
will become a continuing theme for us in the near future. I would also like to encourage people to start putting
together some chord progressions, rhythm, and possibly melodies for others to join in with their ideas. I will see if we
can get the Collaborations Uploader working soon, although I think the mice are working on the Cone Of Silence first.

On the other Big News front: we have firmed up the dates and location for IGC 2015 so stick around till the end and
Save The Date, the first weekend in September. We should have the specifics available in a few more days.

This week had a couple new lessons, Skinny Love by Bon Iver, and Strumming Strategy with Ron, along with a couple
Acoustic Snapshots of pieces I have been working on: my arrangement of Heliotrope Bouquet and Antonio Lauro's
Venezuelan Waltz #2.

Aside from that, I also talked about some of the latest stuff on the Forum and played a bit of Choros #1 by Heitor
Villa-Lobos. That might be the last Level 9 piece for me for a bit as there are still a few others I hope to get recorded soon too.

That's all for now...

sbutler

Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:24 pm

By all means, I want to see your friend Chris. I have just pulled Quicksand off the shelf, and have started it again, as my 2015 project. I've made it thru Sec C and have started on D. So it sounds like he an I are pretty close. I would love to hear your comments as you work with him. Otherwise, congrats on the rain. I know you guys need it.

Have a great weekend.
Scott

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 am

Neil:

I am very excited to hear that you will be going into song writing a bit more. I know that there are no "rules" when it comes to chord progressions, but I have always been baffled when it comes to creating my own progressions. It will be nice to see you go through the process of creating a progression, and maybe explaining why you chose the chords you did, or why they work together. I know that the V7 chord wants to take you back to the I chord, but it would be very interesting to hear about how other chords are used to set each other up. Maybe even why and how you go about choosing borrowed chords. I keep hoping for that epiphany, but maybe there isn't one... ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic