On the Beat - Episode 276 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 13th, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 13th-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

I have to say I am thrilled with the response we continue to have with last week’s Lyric Collaboration.
It obviously set me to work on more along those lines. I hope we can be set up soon to get the
Collaborations uploader working again. This week I started with a short rendition of I Am The Light
Of This World, as suggested in response to our Water Song lesson. I do see more Jorma in our near future.

Other new stuff this week included an introduction to a new Fly On The Wall contributor, my talented
and dedicated teenager Chris. He has an unusual way of learning and remembering things. I will try to
elaborate on that as time goes on. We also had Vanessa’s U2 lesson, surprisingly and coincidentally after
we had just received a question about omitting them so far. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of is
a great addition to some of our other Open Tuning songs, being in Open E.

Today’s update ended with a bit more of Heitor Villa-Lobos’ Choro #1, actually more than a bit, I ended
up running through each of the parts with only a few flubs. Gotta stay focused when tackling stuff like
that. It is a bit dangerous to flippantly launch into it without a pre-flight check!

Until next week,

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Neil

Any memory tips Chris might share, would be a bonus ! :S

I had a look to find out how to pronounce ... Heitor Villa-Lobos

I read on another site that it's Brazilian Portugeuse

Here's a Quote from it.
The correct way to pronounce it is:
"Vila - Veelah (where the l sounds just like an lin, say, love or life and the a is open mouthed, so to speak)

Lobos- like it reads but where the final s sounds like a slight whistle."
Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic