On The Beat - Episode 284 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 3rd, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -3rd-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Well, this was a bit of a rough week for me due to the loss of John Renbourn. I certainly appreciate everybody’s
comments and hope you enjoy the series I am working on with my thoughts and memories of him.

Todays News was a recap of the last two weeks really. The new releases included some nice instrumentals with
Because and Jesu, a couple FOTW with Vincent and Boots Of Spanish Leather, and a couple lessons from Vanessa
on Crazy by Seal and Follow by Brandi Carlile.

I also had a few thoughts and announcements about our IGC and stumbled through an old Renbourn piece,
Debbie Anne.

Hopefully next week will run a little smoother,

Neil

TGNesh

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Speaking of TG-students coming for a real life lesson. I keep forgetting to tell you, but a couple of months ago, a dutch TG-student contacted me, after finding out that I am dutch. She has been here for a couple of lessons too (she lives 45 minutes away, that's too far off in Holland to take lessons regularly :laugh: ), which was pretty cool. And at one point she invited me to join her for an open mic which she often attends. I find myself often too busy for that, but did decide to go for one time.
All in all, we performed a couple of songs together and I did a few by myself. Eventually I stayed and jammed for a couple more hours with the other participants. Needless to say, I had a great time, since it was so spontaneous.
Oh and while I'm at it, a TG-student from Washington (I think) is going to be here in Holland in July, so he contacted me if he could come over for a real life lesson. He even suggested to record it. (he's not active on the forums). Well I thought that is pretty cool too! :)

Ness

willem

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Speaking of TG-students coming for a real life lesson. I keep forgetting to tell you, but a couple of months ago, a dutch TG-student contacted me, after finding out that I am dutch. She has been here for a couple of lessons too (she lives 45 minutes away, that's too far off in Holland to take lessons regularly :laugh: ), which was pretty cool. And at one point she invited me to join her for an open mic which she often attends. I find myself often too busy for that, but did decide to go for one time.
All in all, we performed a couple of songs together and I did a few by myself. Eventually I stayed and jammed for a couple more hours with the other participants. Needless to say, I had a great time, since it was so spontaneous.
Oh and while I'm at it, a TG-student from Washington (I think) is going to be here in Holland in July, so he contacted me if he could come over for a real life lesson. He even suggested to record it. (he's not active on the forums). Well I thought that is pretty cool too! :)

Ness
Cool Nessa, what did you do in the jam?

Willem

TGNesh

Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Good question Willem, let me think! :side:

It was pretty spontaneous so we just fell into all kinds of songs. The ones that I started playing or suggested were Summer Of 69, Proud Mary, Listen To The Music, More Than Words, couple of Beatles-tunes, couple of Eagles-tunes, couple of Bee Gees-tunes. And I of course played along with the other attendees, Ain't No Sunshine comes to mind, Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay, well and many more. I sure had fun!! :cheer:

I might attend one more in May and then Corina will come along with me, should be fun too! :)

Ness

Edit: Oh I mostly played the guitar, but also a lot of cajon. And of course singing!! ;)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness
Cool Nessa, what did you do in the jam?

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic