On The Beat - Episode 285 - A Farewell to John Renbourn Part 2

tgjameela

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have more to share on our remembrance of John Renbourn.

Part 1 starts with the back story, how I became aware of John’s music and how it influenced and affected me. This ranges from the 1970’s up to the date I met him and he gave a couple of workshops for my students at Joplin & Sweeney Music in September, 1998.

Part 2 picks up with details on the two workshops and making a plan to do a concert together. We scheduled two for May 5 and 6 the next year, 1999. During those months I was inspired to get back to playing and writing new pieces in anticipation of the milestone occasion.

Thanks for your support and we hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... rn-part-2/

sbutler

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:58 pm

I think its hilarious that you mentioned how critical the writer of "Bermuda Triangle Exit" would be, if he heard you play it. I was snooping around you tube one day, looking for "HIM" and his rendition live, just to judge myself on my progress of that song. I don't know if he had had WAY too much to drink before this was filmed, but I realized within about 30 seconds, that my version was plenty good enough. And I remember saying to myself, "this dude needs to take lessons from Neil if he wants to play a little better".

Another great story, and looking forward to the next edition.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic