On The Beat - Episode 286 - A Farewell to John Renbourn Part 3

tgjameela

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have more to share on our remembrance of John Renbourn.

Part 3 starts with memories of May 5, 1999, a truly bitter-sweet day. The two concerts we did changed my life and started a whole new series of events and directions that even affected the inception of TotallyGuitars in 2008. I probably last saw John in 2005 or so but we stayed in touch by phone and email over the next 10 years.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... rn-part-3/

BobR

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi Neil,

I have watched all and just finished part 3. Although it is so sad to lose such a great person, your memories will last forever. Thank you so much for sharing your most wonderful life experience with us all.

Bob

sbutler

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm

And who knows, without his inspiration, you may not have ever wanted to start Totally Guitars. And if thats the case Neil, there are a lot of us who wouldn't have learned nearly what we know now.

I'm thankful that you had such a connection with Mr. Renbourn.

Scott

tombo1230

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks for sharing your great story here with everyone Neil. It was a privilege to listen to your memories of a great man and a wonderful musician.

Just to go off on a tangent for a second, I have to say that the Papas guitar tune is one of the most beautiful tunes I have ever heard. There is just so much emotion pouring from your guitar as you play it. Truly beautiful and a tune from the heart, no words are needed.

You are a lucky man to have met, been friends and shared the stage with your guitar hero, not everyone can say that. It will be a lasting memory for you. The fact that John performed with you in concert is a huge endorsement to your ability. I think you should feel pretty good about that.

Your pronunciation of Hawick sounds good to me. Coincidentally my daughter is down in the borders at the moment spending a few days there in Peebles on a break.

Cheers,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic