On The Beat - Episode 288 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 17th, 2015

TGCory

Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 17th-2015/

Another week, another Beatles lesson. This trend may continue as I keep remembering songs of theirs that people might want to play. This week it Was Here, There And Everywhere, another typical example a great progression and melody, let alone a clever key change as well.

Today’s News included a rundown of the new lessons along with some Beatles instrumentals, comments on some of the new things on the Forum, and a short recap of last Saturday’s Guitar Night here. A group of students got together and played a few songs in front of each other. There may be a little video we can leak out of that in the near future.

In case anybody missed them, the weekly new releases included the very long requested Cavatina, as arranged by John Williams (well, mostly- I offer up some alternate fingering ideas), a FOTW video with Ron going over ‘Chords by Number’, Vanessa’s lesson on Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine, and the previously mentioned Beatles classic, Here, There And Everywhere.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Why yes indeed, I for one would love to see some of your Beatles instrumentals. Actually, I tried to work on Muriel's version of "Day Tripper", but I found that there wasn't enough instruction available to get me through it. It would be a real feather in my cap, to be able to play some resemblance of Tommy E's, Beatles medley. That would be fun.

There, I said it.

Have a great weekend Neil.

Scott

crieniecat

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 am

Not too long ago I said to someone " I'm no into the Beatles that much" (oooops!) Now hearing these wonderful songs passing by every time, and catching myself quietly singing along with most of them, I must admit... "I'm into the Beatles" :-)

Thanks for posting them Neil.

Corina.

TGNesh

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:58 pm

:ohmy: ..........saying 'I'm not into the Beatles that much' is like daring to say to Neil that 'I'm not much into playing instrumentals', haha!! :laugh: :laugh:

crieniecat wrote:
Not too long ago I said to someone " I'm no into the Beatles that much" (oooops!) Now hearing these wonderful songs passing by every time, and catching myself quietly singing along with most of them, I must admit... "I'm into the Beatles" :-)

Thanks for posting them Neil.

Corina.

crieniecat

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I know, I know...don't rub it in! I could hear Neil (and others) mumble as soon as I posted my comment :-D
Guess I'm a kind of daredevil lolol

Hey good news is....I'm in now ;-)

TGNesh

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:57 pm

Hmmm.....oops, then you've made more progress than I, haha! :laugh: I'm still not much into instrumentals. :P :S Although I have been playing some lately, so maybe that's not entirely true. There are some that I do really like to play which I want to keep in good shape too. You never know what Neil will make me play in our 'warm-up'- videos prior or post camp! ;)

crieniecat wrote:
I know, I know...don't rub it in! I could hear Neil (and others) mumble as soon as I posted my comment :-D
Guess I'm a kind of daredevil lolol

Hey good news is....I'm in now ;-)

wrench

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Another vote here for Neil's arrangements of Beatles songs. That CD gets heavy, heavy play time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic