On The Beat - Episode 289 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 24th, 2015

TGCory

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 24th-2015/

Today I felt like playing a bunch of stuff, and managed to start some songs I could not seem to remember. Oh well, all in the interest of random entertainment. This week we released another section of the lesson on Cavatina by Stanley Myers (and John Williams really), went with something old and trusty, She’s A Woman by The Beatles, and hot off the recent press, Budapest by George Ezra. We also dropped into Sandy’s ongoing wrestling match with Vincent.

Topics I think I touched on included our new set of theory/technique lessons on DVD, The Virtuoso Bundle. For those not familiar with it, it is 24 discs of almost all our non-song material. I hope to have my own copy soon and can tell you more about it then but you can check out some of the details here http://www.totallymusicdvds.com/

There were some interesting things happening on The Forum this week, and I need to congratulate John on finishing his 30 songs in 30 days busking mission. It even inspired some others to jump in, and I will try to add some of what we have from last week’s Open No Mic evening here at TG Central.

I got a very nice message from one of the TG Community a few weeks ago regarding John Renbourn and shared some of the details somewhere among the random playing, and also talked a little about the few remaining spots for IGC 2015. We might be down to air mattresses or tents soon!

Off for a quiet weekend around here as some of the natives are on assignment in Reno…

Neil

sbutler

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Yeah, we could take a little "Maxwells Silver Hammer" finger pickin lesson. That would be fun, AND since you started it in D, we could easily add "Here comes the sun" in to start our own three fer.

sCott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic