On The Beat - Episode 289 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 1st, 2015

TGCory

Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -1st-2015/

This week we passed the sixth anniversary of our Target Program. I even watched a few minutes of or first couple TG Live episodes to get in the mood. I wonder how many folks who joined in then are still here??? I even started the News today with a couple songs played on those early shows, one by Elton John and another by John Dowland.

I have really enjoyed the songs folks have been posting in the Busking Forum. It was another nice journey through the past hearing Gordon Lightfoot and Dan Fogelberg songs this week.

I also took a few minutes at the end to pass on some hints about playing I Heard It Through The Grapevine. I hope to see some uploads or attempts at that soon. Maybe this will become an ongoing feature of The News?

In case anybody missed the new lessons this week, we continued with another section of Cavatina and added a somewhat easier classical piece with Fernando Sor's Study In B Minor, as well as a new FOTW video with Ed working on Davy Graham's Anji. The highlight for me though was having Fred sing I Will for the lesson. I hope a few of you are tackling the guitar fills for that one.

That was the News for May Day!

Neil

Lavallee

Fri May 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Thank you very much Neil for taking a shot at I heard through the grape vine. If you could add a bit more details as you suggested in the News next week, it would be great.

Happy anniversary Target Program, it has kept me busy and have nourished my interest for guitar

Marc

willem

Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 am

Great to know that I really study guitar for 6 years now and tackled a few songs.

After sunday two years to go for learning "when I'm 64" or hope for a lesson.

I think you found your singin partner,,

Happy anniversary for target, it changed my life a bit.

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic