Playing with my new toy

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 03, 2015 5:26 pm

So I finally bought a Roland AC60 acoustic amp and have started to see what I can do with it. Well, seeing as I disturb no one when I play late at night, I've been trying out my mic singing and discovering what I can do. Well, its fabulous fun! As you have seen with John and others who have good set-ups, you can do more and sound better and have a blast. I have to use a mic for my BSG as it has no built in mic but the 12 string does have an inbuilt mic... just have to change the strings and battery and I will get to that. But last two days I've been seeing what I can do with the vocals (I will get to record the guitars later). Here are two test runs with me adding vocals live to the playback track I created in Audacity by removing the recorded vocals.

Across The Universe and Us and Them.

Of course, there is a glitch or two, well, one where I sing the wrong line, but that's par for the course! The amp has a lovely sound and a chorus setting and reverb and a feedback killing system which is nifty. I love the natural sound it gives out.
Let me know what you think, all feedback is welcome. Sorry no self played guitar on these ones. Later.

michelew

Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 am

Chris,

It's good to hear you having fun. You were going for it too. :) Nice!

Sounding good.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 04, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks for listening in Shel! Yeah, going for it! Second take was a little better but I thought I'd post the first. I am learning to let go and also how to get control of that. Video and recording myself and bouncing it of others is really helping me. I am getting better at recognising what I have to do to cover all the bases, let go keep control, get feeling and expression in without going OTT. Its amazing how 2 or 3 takes will get you to a much better place. Next day I can usually start at a better place than where I left off, so that builds confidence. Has taken me years to be able to put it out there without being too uptight or self conscious. Still get more nervous as soon as the camera is on, so this is good practice for me :) :) :) And I am having serious fun!

willem

Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 am

Your video is blocked in our country so I think it was all bad..lol B)

Edit,, who the f.... is Warner Chappell,, he blocked it.

Edit 2. Soundcloud was fine and it was a pleaser listen to..

dekotaj

Mon May 04, 2015 9:16 am

willem wrote:
[quote]Your video is blocked in our country so I think it was all bad..lol B)

Edit,, who the f.... is Warner Chappell,, he blocked it.[/quote

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That took me by surprise!!
And I was drinking my tea when I read this.Man that was close!!
Just love that comment willem!!!!

And who the hell is Waren Chappell anyway!
Kev

dekotaj

Mon May 04, 2015 9:32 am

Chris my old friend.
I really enjoyed watching.It was nice of you to share.Got a new toy huh.I think it was cool the way you did the echo on the song.I see a lot of singers backing away from the mic to get that sound.

all feedback is welcome.
So here goes.I think your facial expression tells the love and fell you have when singing.And the vocals were great!
But the body expression??Not being critical.But I would like to see,If you do another one for us( I hope so.) Maybe putting you hands on the mic stand and not down at your side.I fell like this would just add to the already great vocal.But I'm not even a singer so what the heck would I no.

BRAVO BRO!!!!
Kev

TGNesh

Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Grrrrrrr......%$^&^@%....obviously can't watch it either....

Did hear the Across The Universe on Sound Cloud though, you sound great Chris! :) How bout Us And Them, also on Sound Cloud? Did I miss anything?

Glad you've having so much serious fun with your new toy! ;)

Ness

TGNesh

Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Grrrrrrr......%$^&^@%....obviously can't watch it either....

Did hear the Across The Universe on Sound Cloud though, you sound great Chris! :) How bout Us And Them, also on Sound Cloud? Did I miss anything?

Glad you've having so much serious fun with your new toy! ;)

Ness

crieniecat

Mon May 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Vanessa, that was a stereo compliment! Lol
It happens often to a post Chris puts on the forum...has he got it fixed or what? Hahahhahahh!

Chris, Really a great performance, " Across the Universe" I can hear youre having fun there, must be the influence of the Beatles eh? ;-)
And for the video...yup, can't watch it either, like Willem and Vanessa couldn't... :-(
There's just one solution, stream us a live mini concert and I'm sure lot's of us will " log in" to that :-)

Thanks for sharing,
Corina.

TGNesh

Mon May 04, 2015 3:31 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

crieniecat wrote:
Vanessa, that was a stereo compliment! Lol
It happens often to a post Chris puts on the forum...has he got it fixed or what? Hahahhahahh!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic