On The Beat - Episode 293 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 29th, 2015

TGCory

Fri May 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 29th-2015/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tot ... d519276594

This week a couple of my students were working on using a thumb pick so today’s News started with a little messing around with one, as used in Big Bill Broonzy’s Hey Hey Baby. Muting bass notes made me realize that I needed to change strings and made a bad decision to try to change them while rambling on. I guess I forgot to fire up the multi-tasker today so I ended up changing course in mid-stream, with a less than seamless transition.

Somewhere among the thoughts were the usual lesson rundown, comments on Forum threads, IGC electric guitar ideas, and a little improv at the end.

This week’s new lessons included Girl by The Beatles, This Shirt by Mary Chapin Carpenter, the conclusion to I Heard It Through The Grapevine, and a Fly On The Wall with Ed working on Hey Hey. We also released a 5-pack of our J.J. Cale songs.

Instrumentals attempted included Girl, A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Quicksand, and a couple improvs, one bluesy and the other uncategorized in my head.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming soon…

Neil

dtaylor

Fri May 29, 2015 7:15 pm

While there's a funky vibe at TG, Neil, I 'wonder' if you're feeling 'superstitious' enough to break out another killer instrumental??

sbutler

Fri May 29, 2015 8:39 pm

dtaylor wrote:
While there's a funky vibe at TG, Neil, I 'wonder' if you're feeling 'superstitious' enough to break out another killer instrumental??
yeah, like Rubys Eyes, or something else from Tommy E.
Scott

sbutler

Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Well I was kinda thinking that if only had one song to play, it just might be "Classical Gas"

michelew

Fri May 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Scott,

I thought the same thing and then thought "damn I can't even play it....so I have nothing to play until I can....what if I can never play it well enough?!?" :) stupid problems go through your head when you're being philosophical and hypothetical sometimes. :) it's a good thing I can start learning it any time. And my guitar collection won't disintergrwte if I switch songs a million times. Actually it's a ridiculous scenario for me especially, I rarely play for an audience, so it's all moot. :)

Yep it's a mission impossible scenario, but we've had great responses.

So Scott, why Classical Gas? Feel like sharing your rendition with us?

Thanks for the updates Neil. Nice to hear your teasers too.

M

thereshopeyet

Sat May 30, 2015 6:48 am

Neil

Image :dry:

Great News

Have a good weekend.

Dermot

willem

Sat May 30, 2015 7:12 am

Great song ''superstitious'' a dream song/lesson.

Have a nice weekend with fam!!

Willem

thereshopeyet

Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 am

Willem Wrote:
Scary String Theory Season 10 !

:ohmy:

willem

Sat May 30, 2015 4:01 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Willem Wrote:
Scary String Theory Season 10 !

:ohmy:

:laugh: :laugh: string show,, lol

sbutler

Sun May 31, 2015 7:19 am

michelew wrote:
Scott,

I thought the same thing and then thought "damn I can't even play it....so I have nothing to play until I can....what if I can never play it well enough?!?" :) stupid problems go through your head when you're being philosophical and hypothetical sometimes. :) it's a good thing I can start learning it any time. And my guitar collection won't disintergrwte if I switch songs a million times. Actually it's a ridiculous scenario for me especially, I rarely play for an audience, so it's all moot. :)

Yep it's a mission impossible scenario, but we've had great responses.

So Scott, why Classical Gas? Feel like sharing your rendition with us?

Thanks for the updates Neil. Nice to hear your teasers too.

M
Michele, I was typing on a tablet, and I fat finger the letters. I meant Neil only having one song, it would be Classical gas. Although that song has been one that I've worked on since the day I joined TG and I haven't got tired of it yet, so maybe me too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic