On The Beat - Episode 295 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 12th, 2015

TGCory

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 12th-2015/

Today the opening tune was meant to be an example of how things can deteriorate without practice, and the closing one turned out to be an unplanned stab at a work in progress. In between there was talk about the weather, sports, injuries, and one excuse after another for a quiet week here at TG.

We did manage to get out a couple lessons, Creep by Radiohead, a start on Villa-Lobos Etude #1, and a Fly On The Wall with Sandy continuing to work on I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

I really want to thank everybody who responded to our IGC question about whether it is appropriate for beginners. The responses helped reignite my excitement as we get closer to September.

I also talked a bit about Pandora (a big thanks to all who added me to your stations), Uploads For Student Review, Busking, Beatles, and our June Special on Lesson Packs.

OK, looking for a cool place to hide for the rest of the weekend!

Neil

willem

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm

I know there are a lot of lessons here and thats great but my point is that I want spend my time on songs I really need for some goals, what I've seen on the net it looks not so difficult but I know you give always some more, with more I mean counting out the measers and not to mension syncopation and such, just putting all the beats right, but thanks, maybe I will figure it and do an upload for some review.

B) yes we had sun for a view days and rain is very common. :laugh:

Willem

TGNesh

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:39 pm

We're some guitar teachers Neil, you talk about a shoulder injury in today's news, which makes it a bit painful to play and I talk about a wrist injury in my lesson today, which unfortunately also makes it painful to play :( ......and there is like how many miles between us?! How do we actually do that???! :laugh: :laugh:

unclewalt

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:18 pm

unclewalt

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:45 pm

TGNeil

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:58 pm

unclewalt wrote:
You're looking for instrumentals? "God Only Knows" would make me drop everything I'm doing and get on it immediately. So, after you get it into shape.....
Hey Walt,

When I start going down my long list of instrumentals I really like, God Only Knows is always in the top ten (of maybe a couple hundred...). I think last week I was pining about When You Wish Upon A Star. Good chance I will get to this relatively soon, just a little more Villa-Lobos to get under control first.

Neil

P.S. By the way, hard to imaging what YT algorithm drops one Jay in with three of me. Could they know he always wanted to take lessons and we just couldn't coordinate our schedules?

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Neil

Thanks for another great week to yourself and Vanessa !
This should be News 295 ...... :dry: :ohmy: Time to get the metronome out :laugh: :laugh:

Dermot

sbutler

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Fun wrap up, but the bottom line for me is that I don't have enough life left to even think about playing Villa-Lobos Etude #1 or #2 or #3 or any number. I think thats the only song that I've seen you really struggle with since I've been a member, so Nope, I ain't even going there.

Now if we had any Beatles's songs, I would probably start working on one of those.

unclewalt

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 pm

dtaylor

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:12 am

The instrumentals are the 'killer app' for me when it comes to this site, there's nothing out there which compares. God Only Knows sounded wonderful. What a treat that would be...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic