On The Beat - Episode 301 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 24th, 2015

crieniecat

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Like Vanessa I'm voting again, does that count? Yeah, right?1 :lol: :silly: :side: :woohoo: for them all!
I'm not saying I'll manage to be there at all of them, but it would be awesome to at least have one in the Gorgeous Swiss Alps too!!

Just sayin'! B)

willem

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Holland has the most beautiful autumn, all year round, so when you're bored with the sun...

:laugh: :ohmy:

auntlynnie

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:16 am

IGC Europe.

Yep.

Lynn

chacho

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Hope you have a fantastic trip away Neil.
Tell us all about it when you get back.

I would also make the trip to a Europe IGC that would be so cool.

:)

dtaylor

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:41 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMDnR0zNgNQ

Neil asked for some progress videos for God Only Knows so here is a selection of extracts of me working on it. Be warned: this is not for general consumption, it's painful, over-long, boring, and annoying and you will regret watching. I know how stressed I can get listening to people practise, it's not pleasant.

I'd long had the idea of a video showing the first attempts to learn a song, with progress all the way to a final performance. I think I'll keep recording the practice sessions, though whether I'll ever be able to play this is up for debate right now...

It is a humbling experience learning it, it's been a long time since I tried to learn anything this challenging and it reminds me of songs I learnt where I thought 'I'm never going to be able to play this...' 'Something' was another one with chord shapes I couldn't physically hold while trying to learn it. Very frustrating.

Please, if anyone is working on this, do put up a video, I'd love to compare practice habits.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:19 pm

That's a cool video and nice steady progress Dean. You are a braver man than I! The BSG was looking on, eh?

tombo1230

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 pm

IGC Europe sounds good. :)

Tom N.

dtaylor

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:55 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That's a cool video and nice steady progress Dean. You are a braver man than I! The BSG was looking on, eh?
Oh I think you're plenty brave Chris, you don't catch me singing at the top of my voice very often! You're sounding as good as your sweet guitar on your latest Moody Blues outing, you always do. BTW I've had to leave my favourite guitar at home while I'm on my travels.:(

willem

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:06 pm

dtaylor wrote:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMDnR0zNgNQ

Neil asked for some progress videos for God Only Knows so here is a selection of extracts of me working on it. Be warned: this is not for general consumption, it's painful, over-long, boring, and annoying and you will regret watching. I know how stressed I can get listening to people practise, it's not pleasant.

I'd long had the idea of a video showing the first attempts to learn a song, with progress all the way to a final performance. I think I'll keep recording the practice sessions, though whether I'll ever be able to play this is up for debate right now...

It is a humbling experience learning it, it's been a long time since I tried to learn anything this challenging and it reminds me of songs I learnt where I thought 'I'm never going to be able to play this...' 'Something' was another one with chord shapes I couldn't physically hold while trying to learn it. Very frustrating.

Please, if anyone is working on this, do put up a video, I'd love to compare practice habits.
Dean it is a joy watching your practice,wrist and fret position and do things over and over again

W.

TGNeil

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:44 pm

dtaylor wrote:

Dean,

This is great and shows the perfect practice technique of small chunks over and over. This piece does have a bunch of unusual chord shapes, one of which is the next one after the E chord where you stopped, C dim as I recall, then another difficult one after the next E. You definitely smoothed out that intro nicely being very patient and persistent.

Thanks for joining the works-in-progress club!

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic