On The Beat - Episode 304 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 21st, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 21st-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

My week was mostly taken up with hanging out with Muriel Anderson, hence the videos from her workshop accounted for much
of the new content this week. We managed to sneak in a couple new song lessons though, Overcome by Live and Bob Dylan's
Just Like A Woman
. There have been some interesting threads on the Forum and I was particularly impressed with the contributions
from the Time Zone Zombies. Great job Michele and David!

I also see we have a few more requests for lesson in that thread. I will do my best to get to some of those as well as still looking
way back into the old Recommend A Lesson section. As a matter of fact, the last three lessons I did were pulled from that
department so don't give up hope for those oldies.

That was the week for me, at least as far as TG goes...

PS. We still have a few Virtuoso DVD bundles left, so grab a copy for yourself before they retire.

sbutler

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:32 pm

I know, I know, Puff the dragon is a classic, but maybe we can have both the Magic Dragon AND Ruby's Eyes. Oh dear, I fear my timing for this request really stinks. Camp coming up, I guess it will be forgotten. Oh well. I tried. :blush:

Scott

michelew

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 am

Neil,

It was SO cool hearing you noodling with a colourful, instrumental version of Northern Town at the beginning of the news. It's fanststic to get such positive feedback from you on our collaborations.

Of course, it was your song-writing challenges that kicked us into song-writing mode; our first collaboration being on Challenge #3 - The Other Side of the Wall. Hopefully you saw that we'd acknowledged you contributions to the birth of that song in the credits.

I for one am really looking forward to future instalments of the song-writing lesson series. I still have very little idea of what I'm doing and your insights and suggestions into the process have been invaluable.

We're definitely learning by doing here.

Thanks!

Michele

davidrfinn99165

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:23 am

Thx Neil for your kind comments on the Time Zone Zombies ... and for spotting the Dylanish lyrics - phew, i thought i was gonna have to move to Minnesota and live on the edge of the Iron Range for 20 years.

And glad you liked the photo...as you know Shel never does anything half-measures so when she goes off to find a photo of a pig, well lets just say you get a lot of pig for your money!

/ david

TGNesh

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 am

Just remind him after camp Scott! ;)

sbutler wrote:
I know, I know, Puff the dragon is a classic, but maybe we can have both the Magic Dragon AND Ruby's Eyes. Oh dear, I fear my timing for this request really stinks. Camp coming up, I guess it will be forgotten. Oh well. I tried. :blush:

Scott

auntlynnie

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:36 am

Name that tune:

She's Funny That Way by Rev. Gary Davis

You did do a lesson on that!

Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 am

I still have very little idea of what I'm doing and your insights and suggestions into the process have been invaluable.
I reckon you are at the same stage Lennon & McCartney were when they were producing there bust material, Shel! :)

michelew

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I still have very little idea of what I'm doing and your insights and suggestions into the process have been invaluable.
I reckon you are at the same stage Lennon & McCartney were when they were producing there bust material, Shel! :)

WOW! :kiss: aren't you the sweetest Chris!

Their 'floundering' worked out OK. So I guess we'd better learn how to copyright our songs and get them up on iTunes. :) :) :) I'll just go tell Sue that I can quit my day job. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic