Great gear, apps and other cool music stuff - who's found something they'd like to rave about?

wrsomers

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:11 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi guys. Remembered this thread by Michele and we have had many threads in the old days about gizmos and apps so rather than start a new one, thought I'd ask here....

After 6 years of using an iPhone, I have jumped ship to an android and now use a beautiful Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge and am in love with it so far. Finally I have a mobile screen big enough to use for TG and I can easily add all my music without going through apple's hoops of fire! Unfortunately I have had to say goodbye to Guitar Toolkit (its only on apple, right?) which I used daily as my go-to tuner and chord finder. Ok, I still keep the olde iPhone near my guitars.... but, can anyone recommend any sexy apps on android that would be cool and useful to have?

Thanks!

PS, Shel, I use your profile pi as my laptop screen;-), too cute!
Chris,
A great Android tuning app is Pitchlab Pro. It's free.
Bill

michelew

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:24 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi guys. ... can anyone recommend any sexy apps on android that would be cool and useful to have?

Thanks!

PS, Shel, I use your profile pi as my laptop screen;-), too cute!
Sorry Chris. I know nothing about android. Good luck. I'm sure others will help.

Isn't the laid-back lizard cute! She's my current role model; working in my chill. :)

Enjoy! Shel :kiss: :silly:

willem

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Chriss, Gpro only for files playback, don't know its for free.

B)

willem

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:39 pm

I love my tablet, sitting lazy on the couch and follow focused a lesson or a life show etc

B)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for the tip Bill, downloaded!

sws626

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:52 am

The app I still use almost every time I sit down to learn something new is the Amazing Slow Downer. I'm mostly running the Android version on a tablet these days. It's amazing and slows down an audio file without altering pitch - just like it says on the tin.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:39 am

Thank Stuart.

TGNesh

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Yep the Amazing Slow Downer works great. At first I didn't use it at all, since i also work with Song Surgeon and Video Surgeon, but then I found out that ASD connects with Spotify, bingo! Nowadays I often use it with students for them to be able to play along with the original at a slower tempo. Or indeed sometimes to figure out a song, works great!

sws626 wrote:
The app I still use almost every time I sit down to learn something new is the Amazing Slow Downer. I'm mostly running the Android version on a tablet these days. It's amazing and slows down an audio file without altering pitch - just like it says on the tin.

dekotaj

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

I'm not sure about this one??

sws626

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:39 pm

If it sent the signal to a pedal via Bluetooth, then why are the instrument cables plugged into the shoe?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic