Great gear, apps and other cool music stuff - who's found something they'd like to rave about?

michelew

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:28 am

It's been a while since anyone had a good rave about a new guitar find. I think the last one was Wiley with his fan fret guitar. Which was fascinating.

So here's a call out to anyone who's found something that they'd like to share. Maybe you've found a new app that's really cool, a new capo that's a must have, a new mic, whatever it is here's your soap box.

Let the raving begin. :)

Oh and we all know that TG is the ONLY guitar lesson site we care about (including lesson apps) so no raving above other lesson sites, apps or methods please. :)

Last time I opened this discussion up we got some very interesting suggestions. I'm still using my page flipper pedal.

M.

dtaylor

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuzvWme_Y

This is interesting, I'm not sure I'd invest in one... Nice sounds though.

You mentioned a tab playing app, I did that and my post was taken down, just a gentle reminder :)

familyman4

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:34 am

Hello,

A friend with TG turned me on to "On-Song" app and I started using it several months ago. To be honest, I didn't care much for it at first but then I found a free online educational site that the company has to use the application tools that are available. I like it a lot more now that I can navigate better. I have also added a page turner pedal that is blue tooth operated and really like the results I am getting.

wiley

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 am

michelew

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 am

Thanks guys!

Dean - oops! I didn't remember that. And that gizmo is making some very cool sounds. Nice done.

Bart - yeh I've heard onSong is good. And Yeh kowing how to use programs makes a huge difference of course. The page flip is a very cool thing, especially when it works with most of your sheet music apps.

Wiley - gosh that sounds like a powerful device. Though I'm not sure I understand everything you're saying in there. Hope the multi-scale arrives soon. Be sure to show it off to us when you're feeling comfortable with it.

Thanks for kicking this thread of guys.

Michele

wiley

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 am

michelew

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 am

Check this out! This is SO cool!

So it looks like my problem with finding a slide that fits my thin fingers may be over. :) I just need to work out my ring size.

It's a Swivel Slide. Has anyone ever seen one or better still, used one?

M

wiley

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:50 pm

michelew

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Interesting idea Wiley. I'd love to know how you go and see any result if course. Good luck. Paul Thorn is a nice choice. I'm sure we'd love to hear you play one of his songs even if it's via a video using the plain old boring one angle approach. :)

M

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:47 am

Hi guys. Remembered this thread by Michele and we have had many threads in the old days about gizmos and apps so rather than start a new one, thought I'd ask here....

After 6 years of using an iPhone, I have jumped ship to an android and now use a beautiful Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge and am in love with it so far. Finally I have a mobile screen big enough to use for TG and I can easily add all my music without going through apple's hoops of fire! Unfortunately I have had to say goodbye to Guitar Toolkit (its only on apple, right?) which I used daily as my go-to tuner and chord finder. Ok, I still keep the olde iPhone near my guitars.... but, can anyone recommend any sexy apps on android that would be cool and useful to have?

Thanks!

PS, Shel, I use your profile pi as my laptop screen;-), too cute!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic